Only the 2022 National Hurling League? Only the Allianz 2022 National Hurling League

You are awfully down on Tipp these days. Perhaps rightly so but you never know :rofl:

A first three in a row for ye for well over a century

1 Like

Not at all. I loves me county and all that, but Iā€™d signposted for a few years that we were heading for a ā€˜famineā€™. I do not see us getting out of Munster. Chatted to the auld lad this evening, and he couldnā€™t make an argument for any game weā€™d win in Munster (although I think we will bate Cork). Weā€™ve a few decent young players lost to us this year, but even with them included, we wouldnā€™t be going anywhere. I think with Cahill and Bevans, things might have been slightly better, but not sufficient to challenge for championships

2 Likes

Yer history is a bit off there Mike

1 Like

He was not from what I had seen.

1 Like

I actually thibk Cahill and Bevans would make a big enough difference, not enough to win an AI, but good enough to take a few scalps and maybe make Croke Park on semi finals weekend.

Obviously Waterford have better players than Tipp in most key positions but they are knocking a tune out of lads too like Fagan, Curran, Darragh Lyons etc whose Inter County careers were fairly ineffective until Cahill and Bevans came in.

I actually thought Tipp were a bit better today for 50 minutes compared to last week but still a million miles off the halcyon dayā€™s when the Hall of Famers were in their pomp.

By the way Kiely was talking after the game, Gillane will be getting a pass on his red card. Kiely called it harsh and a thing of nothing. I hadnt realised he was booked already as the incident itself could have been a straight red. He connected with the headvon the first wild swing ā€œgoing for the ballā€ and then just pulled swung again. Granted, he didnt hut hard and it was going to do damage, but its utterly stupid and these things keep happening so clear he isnt learning. If they keep being excused, its no wonder it keeps happening

2 Likes

I am saying this now about players. Some fucking apes are out there no doubt. The main problem is they are being managed to go down. Meehan barely got a tap today and the helmet was off him. I would excuse a young lad. The Cork and Galway lads spend most of their days rolling on the floor when playing Limerick. The Mannions are number one suspects in that team with gimpy in goals, supermac knee bending cunt that he is. The Tipperary lads took their hammerings with honour which says a lot about them as men. I think Limerick are goosed so I am rowing behind our kindred friends in Waterford to get it done this year.

12 Likes

In fairness there isnā€™t anything for Kiely to gain by throwing him under the bus to the media. You would think his reaction behind closed doors with Gillane will be very different.

I like Gillane as a hurler but he has had this real stupid petulant streak in him since he broke onto the Limerick team . About 10 minutes before that incident both himself and Cleary were booked for off the ball pulling and dragging. Ref booked and warned both and hadnā€™t gone five paces back out the field and Gillane was straight back in digging Cleary with the hurl.

1 Like

But in the interview i heard him in, he wasnt asked about the incident, he just started talking about it himself. And yes, you dont hang a player out to dry, but you can also not absolve him of it. You can say Kiely will look at it differently behind the scene, but it really doesnt appear like that does actually happen.

1 Like

I was down that end of the park and it was some contrast watching Tony Kelly vs Dan Morrissey in the first half compared to Gillane vs Cleary pucking the absolute shite out of eachother. It was probably better entertainment than the match itself.

I assume Browneā€™s second yellow was for the apoplectic Davy Fitz impression he did when the whistle was blown, rather the foul itself.

1 Like

10 points in a row for Waterford at the end of the game before Tipp got one back.

The sulkies are circling

Have Limerick a man sent off in each league game so far?? But itā€™s everyone elseā€™s fault :joy::joy:

I love @thelimericks ye makes me smile

Now is the time to get the reds

Dan is almost giddy at the prospect of being the ones to soften yer coughs

Aye surely. Just donā€™t blame it on everyone else in the country.

The Dow calling for an end to Limericks dirt

Weā€™re goosed kid. Tell @Perez2017 to book the big screens. Job is oxo

Brainless from Gillane again. Itā€™ll cost Limerick eventually youā€™d think.

Whats that about kid is it a private joke?