Only the 2022 National Hurling League? Only the Allianz 2022 National Hurling League

He poked Sean Donoghue in the goolies a few years ago and the cork man got the blame for his red card with @thelimericks

1 Like

2 of those games the opposition also got a red card. Quite telling really

1 Like

Sure Oā€™Donighue was mouthing and got it in the knackers.
It softened his cough. We still got a result and won the All Ireland :+1::boxing_glove::boxing_glove::boxing_glove::boxing_glove:

4 Likes

Top 2 in both leagues playing next Sunday. Could we see some shenanigans over teams letting others win for a perceived easier semi final? I presume Egan would prefer to play Waterford rather than Kilkenny

Mind the nuts lads @thelimericks are around

No
It was widely reported that they had booked big screens in Charleville for ā€œthe finalā€ before the semi in 2018. I couldnā€™t give a fuck whether its true or not. Just a bit of craic

1 Like

Thatā€™s true alright

James Owens didnā€™t have the goolies to send Seanie off for a second yellow he deserved either st the start of the second half. Meyler hooked him after that

1 Like

We need ā€œHoggieā€ to get an All Ireland @gilgamboa

Iā€™ve been reliably informed itā€™s only the 3rd time weā€™ve beaten Tipp by 10+ points in the league. Barring a very unfortunate series of events weā€™re now qualified so itā€™ll be interesting to see now how we line up against Kilkenny.
Not a bad day at the office. Slow enough out of the blocks today, but once we settled we were comfortable enough.
Very early days. But weā€™re going ok.

1 Like

Iā€™m possible for yee not to qualify. A 56 point turnaround with Dublin. Unless you field an 12 team it canā€™t happen

1 Like

They commit at least one red card offence every game they play so I think its fair to say discipline isnt one of the key traits John Kiely looks for. Youā€™d nearly be starting to think heā€™s encouraging it

2 Likes

I reckon heā€™ll want to get game time into the Ballygunner lads as well as Barron, Lyons etc before the league finishes up, if they are fit enough. Itā€™ll be difficult to pick a starting 15. Gleeson was cleaned today but Iā€™d have him on the team. Iā€™d be going with the following as our strongest starting 15:

1. O Brien
  2. Gleeson
  3. Prunty
  4. C Daly
  5. Lyons
  6. TDB
  7. I Daly
  8. Barron
  9. K Bennett
  10. Curran
  11. Aussie
  12. Prendergast
  13. Dessie
  14. Kiely
  15. S Bennett

I hope I am wrong but I still dont see that team being strong enough to win an all ireland

I think itā€™s strong enough to beat the chasing pack but will it be strong enough to beat a Limerick team on top form, probably not. Same personal as 20 and 21 for both sides more or less.

Congrats on staying up @myboyblue
Didnā€™t let the sending off affect you. Picky Maher and Paddy Purcell are quality hurlers.

Appalling game management from Antrim not to get the draw that would have kept them up. This playing the ball out from the back is some cod.

2 Likes

Nah boi ā€œhego" and ā€œdeccieā€ and ā€œmul" have another 3 in them

Is it fair to say anything around the 2/1 mark on Cork first day out is lump on territory. Cork really seems to have got their game plan in place and Limerick look ragged.

1 Like

There is something badly wrong with Limerick at the moment, they are just not at the races

1 Like