Only the 2022 National Hurling League? Only the Allianz 2022 National Hurling League

How did Waterford look lads? Presume they didn’t tog as per team sheets?

Looking like LK v WD Munster Final followed up by same pairing in an All Ireland?

Any chance of Waterford catching Limerick either day?

Be a great quiz question in years to come

“In 2’22 Wexford only lost one match in league and championship? Who defeated the model county men?”

Oh, Ralphie! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

On the way home listen to South East Radio sports hour, Tom Dempsey going on saying Mark Fanning had an “outstanding” game.

If Austin’s 2 sending offs are within 12 months of each other it’s a 2 game ban .

1 Like

Now a clubmate. Talks about how he knows the family well at times so i wouldnt read much into it. @Bandage had mentioned before about him turning his arse to shots that if he stood up he’d save them, happened today anyway which is a pity. Some awful puck outs again too.

2 Likes

Him and Dooley defo at fault for the first two goals.

Limerick won’t be in a Munster Final this year but will steamroll to the All Ireland in emphatic style for 3 in a row.

You heard it here first.

2 Likes

When was Austin last red carded?

Dempsey is constantly over praising Fanning in his local paper column too and I also presumed it was because of the club link.

1 Like

His logic was that the defeat was down to Waterford’s extraordinary performance and now ranks them as being on a par with Limerick.

Heaviest defeat since the Liam Dunne era I would assume? Maybe since the Kilkenny debacle in the same ground in 2015. In fairness to Davy we were set up to only ever lose by 9-10 points and never take too demoralising a beating.

Can’t remember myself but someone here mentioned he got a red in a game against Cork last year .

So, where is the link of Waterford putting in an extraordinary performance and Mark Fanning being outstanding

Everyone was “outstanding”.

Which makes even less sense.

I was more so responding to his generally overly enthusiastic assessment of the performance rather than his comment on Fanning which I didn’t hear. It’s not often you’d hear a goalkeeper described as outstanding after a 5 goal drubbing.

1 Like

And awful puck out strategy.

1 Like

Any potential successors coming through? Fanning must be 31 now. James Lawlor has had a couple of outings in league games but hasn’t really threatened to dislodge him either.

Not that I heard of to be honest with you. I remember James Henebry of Harriers in goal for the minor team who got bet by Limerick in Thurles in 2016 who was decent and seems to be making goal his own for Harriers under Derek McGrath. Not many intercounty standard goalies in Wexford. I could be very wrong now but none that I can see who’d be on scale of Stephen O’Keeffe or Eoin Murphy. Saying that, Mark Fanning didn’t do much wrong during the league, it was just weird how bad he was with the puck outs, went straight to Waterford forwards for first two goals.

1 Like

Ironic thing is, St. Martins goalie Luke White is in goal in Donegal.