Only the 2022 National Hurling League? Only the Allianz 2022 National Hurling League

Teaching up there if I remember correctly. Some trek home from club matches!

Yeah he’s a teacher alright, some going!

Sean Finn trained with my club whilst he was working in Danone a few years ago. Limerick weren’t having none of it and got him a job!

1 Like

I think Fanning had a very good league before today. I’m not that big a fan of his because I think he has a mistake in him. Sounds like it didn’t go well for him today.

I’d always think that he’s an alright goalie, he’s not on same plain as Quaid or Murphy but he’s alright. Maybe he was told where to puck it by Egan and it just went Pete Tong, I dunno, but christ they may learn rapid for Galway in the park.

Darragh Egan has done a great job this spring with Wexford. Came up against a Waterford team who were absolutely flying today with a number of campaigns behind them. It told today.

He needs time.

1 Like

Waterfords desire to go for goal is outstanding.

Take for example the the first 10 secs of the 2nd half. The ball broke out from the throw in and an easy point was on. The automatic selection was to work the goal from 60 yards out by hard running.

4 Likes

Seems to be a massive Cahill/Bevans thing. The second Tipp u20 run was all about getting goals

1 Like

It is. Even if the defence scramble and stop the goal chance, their clearance is generally hurried after that panic. Waterford gather it and go for the point.

Easily the most exciting team in the country to watch.

1 Like

They shoved that Wexford time wasting in the dressing room down their throats fairly much. Some men for going straight down the middle.

Prendergast is central to it. Underrated. A serious hard runner.

1 Like

Our lads had no answer whatsoever to it anyway.

Did it go out though?

Would Tipp fancy an upset in the first round of the championship. Presumably now Waterford will win the league.

Its a tasty fixture given Cahill and Bevans turned down the Tipp offer.

Would there be any bad feeling I wonder?

Not a hope. We will do well to keep it competitive to 50/60 minutes. Waterford have been the team probably the closest (yet so far away) to Limerick since Cahill came in in terms of standard.

I’m not sure re the bad blood thing. I know there are people within the county who think Cahill should never get the chance to manage Tipp but I’d have him.

1 Like

The 2019 20s final performance was an absolute blitzkrieg.

Billy Seymour giving a Tour de France

We’re all scratching our heads in Wexford as to why ya’s gave the job to Bonner. Whatever about today but think Egan is giving great account of himself. Maybe Tipp job would have been too early.

I think he took himself out of the running.

The general sense was there was going to be a clean break from the previous management team. And sure then Tommy Dunne rocks back up on the Bonnar ticket :man_shrugging:

I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if he is the next Tipp manager though. Put it this way - I think there’s a much higher chance of him managing Tipp at some stage than there is of Cahill

1 Like

What happened with Liam Cahill? He not get on with boys of Portroe or what’s the craic?

His demands were not met. Simple as that

1 Like