Only the 2022 National Hurling League? Only the Allianz 2022 National Hurling League

Free the Waterford Wan.

When’s the appeal?

Hopefully he’ll get off, better if we play against full strength side.

1 Like
1 Like

A pity.

The occasion will be all the poorer for Austin’s absence.

The correct decision in the grand scheme of things.

6 Likes

And your own

I’ll await until I see the teams before making a final decision.

If Hoggy, Dessie, Coleman, De Burca and some of the Bennett’s were all going to start I might still go. Lads with wrists.

But Austin would have brought the Box Office element.

That looks like Liam Cahill making Gleeson responsible for his actions. He really is an impressive manager

8 Likes

Be nice for you to see a final

1 Like

I have been to two AI Finals already in 2022.

TBF to Waterford, as we seen with the John Mullane case, they’re one of the few counties out there who will take their medicine. Plenty others could follow their lead.

5 Likes

I see there’s a Wexford hurling squad fundraising concert and panel championship preview on Sunday night in Wexford. Panelists include Darragh Egan, John Mullane and more. Forum favourite Tom Dempsey will be the MC.

It’ll be interesting to see what spin Egan puts on Sunday’s massacre. Like I said to Seoirse Bulfin in late 2020 after the listless championship defeat to Galway (and before the insipid follow up loss to Clare), we need to take Jurgen Klopp’s words on board:

“DON’T LET A DEFEAT PUNISH YOU TWICE.”

Don’t dwell on it, don’t take that negative feeling with you into the next game. Stay positive.

I wish Waterford and Cork well ahead of this weekend’s final.

3 Likes

Will Uncle Tom sing “the Purple and Gold” I wonder?

3 Likes

There’s a real ‘earthiness’ cc @Cheasty to this Waterford hurling team.

A lovely combination of a shit stadium, a local business sponsoring them, a fairly old school backroom team and a set of players that mix the ridiculous with the sublime.

There are no sponsored cars/instagram posts and I would say about half their team would be totally unrecognizable to the general hurling public if they took off their helmets.

2 Likes

Aussie needs to take his medicine, he obviously has to learn things the hard way. Better this happened now than later in the summer

1 Like

If he gets sent off again later in the year, I presume the suspension doubles up.

It’ll help for one they need overturned, wise move in all counts.

1 Like

Waterford’s time has come.

They’re about to get a savage lesson in Corkness mate

It wouldn’t be a marquee Waterford season without a sending off and a drama about an appeal. It could be like 2004 and 2017 all over again.
Anyway we’ll probably play possum in the league final like we did in 2004 and keep our powder dry for later.