Only the 2022 National Hurling League? Only the Allianz 2022 National Hurling League

To be honest I’m certain that Cork would rather face a full strength Waterford team, sure what use is it to bate an under strength team in a league game

2 Likes

Cork could probably do with a bit of owl silverware at this stage.

4 Likes

Was 98 the last time Cork won the league? Beating Wateford in the final that year as well

1 Like

Yes, I think that’s right.

Waterford have had quite a few contentious sendings off over the years. Between Mullane in 2004, De Burca in 2017, Aussie Gleeson in 2017 and now his latest escapades. I’ve probably missed a few as well.
Gleeson can have no complaints over that red card. I’d doubt Donohoe said anything too untoward.

Is that why ye stormed the pitch after beating a TJ Reid-less Kilkenny?

1 Like

A league?? Stop it now. A Munster championship is worth ten of them, it’s a pre season tournament, grand to win it but everybody knows it means nothing.[quote=“Batigol, post:1851, topic:35147, full:true”]

Is that why ye stormed the pitch after beating a TJ Reid-less Kilkenny?
[/quote]
Every game this year has had crowds in the Pitch afterwards, it wouldn’t have mattered if they’d lost,
Kids were kept away from the games long enough, you have enough time whining about it, now you’re complaining g that they’re on the pitch for a selfie??
If you have access to the pitch and the players are decent enough to hang around the crowd will spill on, happened for all the Limerick games this year

1 Like

100 percent. A national title is nothing to turn your nose up at. Gives team a lot of momentum going into championship.

4 Likes

Landers brings it up twice every podcast

But Cork are definitely NOT going for it.

They 100 percent are. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong imho.

I’ve heard otherwise

The players and management want to win every match,
But they want to play strong opposition in championship style matches, winning the league pales into significance when compared with preparing for the championship.
Which is why Cork would be better served to play Waterfords best team, even if they were to lose

Conor Gleeson is always good for a bit of controversy too.

That was some league in fairness. Full house at the final in Thurles. Seanie Farrell, the butcher, the hero of the day.

2 Likes

A late bloomer. Failed to make Harty Cup team in 6th year but lined out full foward on winning minor team the following year.

2 Likes

Could eat his own bodyweight in sausages a few short years later.

1 Like

A game that Cork ultimately won handy enough in the end. Very hot day if I remember. We ended up down in Hayes after it watching Arsenal beat Everton to win the premier league.

Or maybe I am totally confusted and non of that is right.

Cork has spoken lads

Very hot day. Thurles was rocking.