Only the 2022 National Hurling League? Only the Allianz 2022 National Hurling League

Its going to be like Hamlet without the Prince inside in Thurles tomorrow night isnā€™t it?

My father reckons the crowd will be down 2 or 3k based on Austinā€™s absence alone. Like going to see United without George Best back in the 60ā€™s.

Austin has an old habit dating back to the halcyon days of 2016 and 2017 of turning in Tour De Franceā€™s under the Saturday night lights at the old ground.

1 Like

He loves Thurles. The goal he got there on his debut was probably the greatest of all time.

2 Likes

The last 8 years have flown.

4 Likes

My father, whoā€™s been going to games for over 60 years reckons his display in the 2016 Semi Final Replay was the greatest individual performance on a losing side ever.

It was absolutely extraordinary to see it up close.

I think he gets an extra burst of energy in Evening games. It was the same in the 2017 Qualifier and even in his under 21 dayā€™s he used to own the show.

Goals against the Cork defence of that era donā€™t count. They wouldnā€™t stop a paper bag

Johnny Glynn got a carbon copy.

An brilliant goal.

Best goal of all time was scored in the Munster final last year

5 Likes
1 Like

A great goal for sure; I always had a particular fondness for Barronā€™s goal against Kilkenny in 2017. Gleesonā€™s was probably better all-round but the pass from Gleeson to Barron, and Barronā€™s step on the defender were absolutely top-notch.

Thatā€™s a serious goal too but who was the Cork 6 covering across? :joy: :joy:

I always found it gas that Nash just stayed rooted to his line. Granted he would have only bounced off Glynn but he surely has to try and force the shot or get his body in the way

2 Likes

Michael Duignan picked a right time to remind viewers of his hilariously bad match prediction.

1 Like

Nash hadnā€™t been seasoned in the Limerick championship yet and it showed

Anthony Nash is fair windy.

Any sensible goalkeeper comes charging off his line in that scenario. JG even gets to drop the ball.

5 Likes

I am afraid to say JG is a cackhanded mullocker.

AG is the best hurler around, pound for pound, on his day.

1 Like

Surely a Kilkenny man would appreciate such a player

1 Like

A good goal but not a great goal .

1 Like

Such a clever remark is like your typical teapot, dysfunctional.

Sorry, I had not seen your remark.

Brian Butlerā€™s goal for Ballyhale Shamrocks in 2021 Senior Final is another case in point.