Only the 2022 National Hurling League? Only the Allianz 2022 National Hurling League

Taggy and Wally are both crack handed mullockers that have had longer intercounty careers than Glynn, stones in glasshouses and all that

Barron, De Burca and Gleeson are 3 All Time Greats.

If Waterford can’t win an All Ireland with them in their pomp and a decent supporting cast, then they never will.

2 Likes

Better than Cian lynch ?

The klaxon has sounded.

3 Likes

Not all I don’t get involved in that sort of stuff.

I think Cian is the best around at the moment.

Other people disagree but I judge players in the big games when the going gets tough.

I’d have a huge mark against gleeson for his performance in 2017 v Galway.

He went missing.

I don’t really care what anybody does in the league or the early championship game.

As an out and out hurler in technical terms? Yes. And by a bit.

As a dependable performer? No.

3 Likes

There we can, most happily, agree. I have a feeling Waterford might do it this summer. In fact, I hope they do.

3 Likes

To be brutally honest, you do know remarkably little about the subject you broached. JG is cackhanded: meaning, he is righthanded, hurls left hand on top and markedly favours his right side. The person like him on the current Kilkenny team is David Blanchfield (and James Maher as well, I would say, although I have not seen JM sign an autograph). Mikey Butler writes with his left hand.

AF and WW are both a gripchanger: meaning, they are righthanded, hurl right hand on top, fetch with their left hand, and go to left hand on top to strike.

If you want to discuss European politics, it remains handy to know Paris is the capital of France. This analogy indicates how deficient you are in knowledge concerning hurling technique.

Jonathan Glynn Autograph|285x177

2 Likes

I’d love to see it bar Galway of course, but they may go AWOL if they do. They’ve graced the game with some beautiful hurlers and John “I’ll take your arm and fall over it” mullane.

1 Like

Lookit he walked all over Cark. All else is superfluous.

Walter Walsh Autograph

Walter Walsh RHOT

Walter Walsh LHOT

He has a good Irish arm. Like a brown trout.

1 Like

Aidan Fogarty RHOT

Aidan Fogarty LHOT

I think there is far more of a cut to Waterford now. There have reliable freetakers, an excellent full back and the makings of a brilliant half back line. Should have a strong midfield. Goalkeeper and last two forwards look to be where the cigar will fall one way or the other.

2 Likes

Jonathan Glynn LHOT

I think they also, crucially, have as good a manager as there is out there at present.

1 Like

Do you now want to acknowledge the difference?

The way AF and WW hurl is even worse, really, than cackhandedness.

1 Like