Opinion: Cillian O Connor

• Overrated
  • Underrated
  • Rated correctly

0 voters

He is the highest scorer in the history of the football championship!

1 Like

A whinge, a bottle and a sneak. Doesn’t win his own ball, tries to exert undue influence over coaches and is a dirt bag on the pitch. I’m gonna say overrated

6 Likes

I absolutely love those videos. The most perfect example of a drink fuelled pub blowhard gaa know all you will ever see. A comedian couldn’t write him.

8 Likes

Not able for the bright lights. Could never hack it in the Connacht Championship, did all his scoring against the likes of Carlow and Longford in the qualifiers

1 Like

He’s a big Donal Vaughan fan :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl: The leather jacket on ready for home. The mother has the dinner in the oven I’d say. The snakey lads all gathered round winding him up is a tale old as time too. Teeing him up with loaded questions

A bottler

Poor auld Jimmy having to explain things to crowd of clowns

A serial bottler

Cunt option???

2 Likes

A good player not a great player as Eamonn Dunphy would say.

2 Likes

Why is he a bottler exactly?

1 Like

In fairness he will set a record as championship top scorer that will never be matched.

For me he had very little ability. He wasn’t particularly great at anything but he eeked every last bit out of himself.

That may not be true. He is top scorer due to restructure and more games. Sure a restructure again in a few years time to add more games could mean that someone else will beat it handily enough.

Any player from a Div 1 side who play loads of Qualifiers every year will always mount up big scores.

His totals in the big games are the barometer.

1 Like

There’s a great story about him, I think it was up until 2012, he couldn’t reach the goals when kicking 45s.

He spent the entire time between end of league and start of championship practicing non stop and later that summer kicked a crucial one to beat Dublin in All Ireland semi final.

His points per game wipes the floor with pretty much everyone on the list.

It’s not like he’s playing in a stellar forward line either.

2 Likes

Play v Frees breakdown?