Opinion: Tj Reid

I think they were slipping . Capable of savage bite on a given day . Got an awful clipping in Leinster final from. Galway but eventually wore them down in all Ireland final(s)

2 Likes

Richie Hogan was a tremendous minor. The Irish speaking commentator used to have a very specific high-pitched pronunciation of his name during matches.

1 Like

Michael Fennelly/Hogan/Reid are 3 Hall of Famers who weren’t involved in 06-09 really but were there in 11/12.

Most of the rest of the hall of famers played in both teams, Shefflin, Delaney, Tommy Walsh.

They replaced Lyng/Comerford/Cha who while good wont be remembered as fondly as those that came after them.

1 Like

I remember Tommy Walsh in 08’ being so dominant he seemed worth an extra player.

Basically my premise would be that the talents of the likes of JJ, Tommy Walsh and Sheflin were so prime and extreme, that these 3 just set them apart.

From the 12’ team. Tommy Walsh especially and his legs kind if went as his career wore on.

In his prime, he was the best player I ever saw bar TJ Reid maybe.

1 Like

I dont think Fennelly has the longevity to be a hall of famer of the likes of Hogan and Reid. It took him until he was 25 to establish himself as a starter and injuries plagued him in final years of his career. When he was captain in 09 he was on the bench. He was superb around 2011 and 2012 though.

He had about a 5 year spell where he was excellent alright. Took him a while to find his feet at I/C level.

He carried a bit of a presence there for a few years in fairness like Fenton now in football.

He basically convinced Cha to jack it in!

Actually, no basically about it, he did as Cha related in the paper

Is Cha still over China these days?

I wonder what they make of him in Ballyhale.

Cha is my favourite ever hurler . A wizard

2 Likes

He was very good against Toomevara in 2007, one of the greatest games of all time.

It’s Henry, JJ and Tommy; have a bit of fucking respect!

1 Like

Cut out the “ Hall of Fame “ guff ye cunts

1 Like

I never bought into that nonsense.

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

Richie Power was unbelievable tbf. if had the longevity he’d be up there with TJ

1 Like

His propensity to shift aul wans instead of availing of the services of Fifi will have to held against him.

Is he famed for liking the cougars?