Opinion: Tj Reid

Shout. By god

1 Like

:smiley:

If Aidan Oā€™Shea did itā€¦

Behind every great manā€¦.

The missus must be ating all the SPF in the gaff

4 Likes

I wouldnā€™t have overly rated him for a long time. He was sort of too mechanical for me. There wasnā€™t much joy to his performances but he put in some tour de force in the final last year. He was pretty much a one man band and his legs were gone but it elevated him in my eyes.

Sassy Oh No GIF by Nickelodeon

4 Likes

An iconic 15 minutes from TJ today decided the result

Reminicent of Henry in 12 beating Galway on his own.

The legs are gone, but the wrists. My word. Heā€™ll be disappointed he didnā€™t bag the goal though. As will those of us who backed him for first goal scorer and motm

3 Likes

No score from play today unfortunately.

He created the goal though and setup plenty

Jaysus he was doing a lot the donkey work at 35 or whatever he is. Fantastic player

1 Like

His work rate is unbelievable.

Heā€™s an ideal to use as an example for young players: unbelievably skilful, unbelievable in the air but never ever shirks his work. What a player.

He did some tracking back all the same. That turnover where he got fouled by John Conlon near his own endline a prime example of that. Back positioned like a centre-back at times.

The speed may be gone, but the stamina isnā€™t

That was an utterly bizarre passage of play with TJ Reid in his own full back line and Mikey Butler up at wing forward.

1 Like

Total hurling.

2 Likes

RIP.Hurling I thought.

Iā€™m watching hurling a long time now but Tony Kelly operating out of Left half back was a real low point.

Its simply astonishing that a Kilkenny team who were beaten out the gate by nearly 20 points in an AI Final 4 years ago are still getting to Finals. Bar Eoin Cody and Mikey Butler nobody of use has really come on to that team either.

Eh, weā€™re Kilkenny pal, we know how to win and we are serial winners.

1 Like

Eoin Cody is brilliant to watch. Skilful, powerful, brave, deadly. Will surely go on to become a Hall of Famer.

1 Like