Oscars

I just don’t really bother watching Marvel movies so I honestly couldn’t tell ya!

Minister Martin needs to set up an overarching review to determine where it all went wrong

Presumably the girls on E! were asking Kerry Condon on the red carpet, for her views on her County’s shameful and cowardly treatment of the 1988 Hurler of the year.

1 Like

It was a champagne carpet this year.

I think they referenced how her dress matched off against the coat her character wore in Banshees. It was a lovely bit of symmetry. The carpet looked shite.

Another Oscar for Ballyfermot College. They’ve a fair few now.

Yer wan much have been brilliant in it as I haven’t seen much better than Ana playing Marilyn Monroe in a long time

Well, she’s Michelle Yeoh, what more can you say. Also, while Ana was outstanding in Marilyn, it was a fucking shite film and was a penance to watch. Usually this doesn’t bother the Academy much, but on this occasion all the momentum was behind EEAAO and it was felt a nomination, much like Mescal and the Elvis weirdo, was sufficient for her.

The real story was yer man from Indian Jones winning. Some story there in fairness.

Hollywood is a great aul place for forgetting about you and then welcoming you back in then when out of sheer hard work, pig headedness and no little luck, you miraculously turn up again in front of them and they have no option but to cheer on the hollywood redemption arc.

Who beat the CailĂ­n Ciuin? Thought that was nailed on?

All Quiet On The Western Front remake is in German.

1 Like

All Quiet on the Western Front which was a shoo-in

2 Likes

It wasnt ever within an asses roar of an Oscar. All Quiet on the Western Front was always the shoo in.

In reality Kerry Condon was the only one (of the actors anyway) who was given a decent chance

Lads making movies, making lots of money, dating Hollywood actresses, being nominated for Oscars

Tfk - where did it all go wrong Barry

3 Likes

I enjoyed it but didn’t love it. Surprised to see it clean up to be honest. Seemed to have a huge Asian American push behind it though.

Is he dating some young wans? Thought he had a youngster with a wan?

Barry was well in with a chance of the Oscar but once the narrative swung to the comebacks of Short around and George of the Jungle, the Encino Men were not to be denied. As Kimble said last night, spare a thought for Paulie Shore.

The boys knocked the craic out of it I’d say, you love to see it

3 Likes