OTB (Off The Ball)

How many years is it since they took Dublin to a draw in maybe the semi final? Load of them Went on the beer for a couple of days in Dublin afterwards and got hammered in the replay

think it was the 2002 QF if im not mistaken?
was played on the August BH Monday and was one of the few hot days of the summer, in the first game that day Cork beat mayo with Fionnan Murray bagging a couple of goals

Richie Sadlier (Millwall, 1996-2004) talking about how to engineer a deal as a player at the moment. Also waxing lyrical about dealing with agents.

Off The Ball’s Twitter feed informs me that they’ve signed this cunt to appear on their show every Tuesday night this season. :rolleyes:

They were dealing with the story of Peter Norman this evening, he was the third guy in the famous black power salute picture from the 1968 Olympics. He was shunned by the Australian media and Olympic committee for supporting it and wasn’t allowed to go to the 1972 Olympics.

At the Sydney games, 32 years later, the Australian Olympic committee completely ignored him and it was the Americans who invited him to attend as their guest. Australia really is a toilet of a country.

Aussies are the most racist race I’ve ever encountered

they should probably have asked you instead.
What would sadlier know about anything merely having been a professional player in the uk, retired early through injury, struggled with mental health issues while playing and been at the centre of the day to day activities of a league of ireland club. He is articulate and thoughful in what he says and is willing to say things that can`t make him universally popular. how would he possibly make a good pundit :rolleyes:

He’s only covers one of those three bases and that’s knowingly saying things that won’t make him universally popular; i.e. trying to be controversial for the sake of it. Trying to follow an Eamon Dunphy template without having any of the charisma.

For all his bluster Dunphy is a likeable sort. Sadlier is not in any way likeable

A very bitter man alright. Quite negative as well and lacks balance in his opinions

He sent my neighbour in college home a pair of predators while he was at Milwall. That’s a likeable deed.

your neighbour was a millwall fanboy?

Sadlier had been completely vindicated for his views on the trappatoni regime.

To be fair to the lad he was ahead of the pose on trap while most other journos and fans are only catching on now.
He could do with improving his demeanor / delivery but for a young ex footballer with little alternatives for a career to make ago of it in the media id say best of luck to him.

He tried to make himself out to be some bigshot in his dealings with Karen Brady over the Keith Fahy transfer the other night, sounded very cuntish.

give us an example or two there?
just so we are sure you are not just spouting an unbalanced negative opinion which might suggest you are a bitter little man

So far ahead of the posse that he’d have sacked him before the team qualified for the Euros and we could have saved ourselves an awful lot of trouble and everyone could have stayed at home for the summer.

I read some mindless drivel from him at the weekend where he was spouting some ridiculous shite about Duff, Given and Dunne all retiring because Trap wouldn’t speak to them. He referenced Trap’s wages again (as though that’s the barometer he is judged by) and seemed to bizarrely conclude that Trap should have ignored medical advice and picked Long to start because you can’t risk upsetting Shane Long.

He’s an imbecile with a chip on his shoulder and a whole host of unsupportable contrary opinions.

See rocko’s post above.

Duff just said in his exclusive interview with Ken Earley regarding his retirement that ‘Mr Trapattoni was amazing’, ‘couldn’t have done more’, ‘was in touch with him all summer’, ‘had him wavering’ about changing his mind and continuing on.

Richie Sadlier. Clown. :rolleyes:

Great epoch defining interview earlier with the Greta Garbo of Mayo football Ciaran McDonald. McDevitt is a super interviewer the way he can draw these quiet chaps out.

Excellent interview. McDonald came across very well for a guy that was ‘meant to be’ so media shy.

What a footballer he was, in the top 3 I have ever seen anyway. Sounds like he really regrets the few years he walked away from Mayo football.