OTB (Off The Ball)

Consistent excellence always ends up being taken for granted.

Have to say I enjoy it myself, some parts better than others but the airwaves would be a lot worse off without it.

Anyone listening last night? David Brady made one of the most ill-advised jokes I think I’ve ever heard on a radio show.

McDevitt started the show by making some quip about how he was going to be cramped in the studio later with three big men for the football coverage, Brady, Conor Deegan, and Anthony Moyles. As that section was winding down later in the show, Brady says to McDevitt that they had “bought a present for him.” The other two boys didn’t know what he was on about and I think Deegan asked “Did we?” Brady then says “Yeah, a jar of vaseline.”

There a bit of nervous laughter and then silence for a few seconds before Brady added “We’re going to turn the lights down now in a few minutes and…” and McDevitt just completely cut him off and said they were going to an ad break. When it came back after the break, there was no mention of it whatsoever, and that whole half of the show doesn’t seem to be loading on the newstalk website.

Typical pig ignorant Mayo whack job.

It was so wildly inappropriate it was funny, you could tell McDevitt wasn’t at all happy with it though. Understandable I suppose, given that a contributor had just made a joke about raping him.

I actually missed Gilroy on the show last night. He was standing in for the last week while McDevitt was away on holidays. He seems to have much better GAA knowledge and he consistently draws out more interesting conversations on GAA matters. On the radio at least, McDevitt is a bit too trigger happy and cuts off a lot of interesting threads far too soon.

I don’t like Brady as pundit. I don’t think he has much to contribute and he’s popping up all over the place trying to carve out a niche for himself.

I love that Johnny Giles clip about Liam Brady singing ‘Ruby Don’t Take Your Love to Town’.

Great to have Ken’s football show back. Good hour’s entertainment this evening.

Brady usually sounds like he’s after falling out of a pub in somewhere in Ballina, with his incoherent, seafóideach auld ramblings.

:clap:

Listened to the “Ken Burley” talking to Welsh radio clips there earlier. He is a gas cunt when he wants to be

Tidied that up for you there.

Not funny. That sort of shit is frowned on at tfk.com, the discerning internetter’s forum.

A dog lover like you could no doubt relate to the mans love for his Willie John.

Anyone hear Brendan Devenney on the show this evening? What a fucking clown :lol:

Another interview from him will be enough to get the whole country behind whoever they play in the final. He put some fella on the phone at one stage who told a bizarre, rambling story that didn’t seem to have any point at all.

WTF was all that about stalking daniel o donnell ?

I honestly don’t know. They followed him down an alleyway or something. Unfortunately he was cut off off before he got the chance to pull it all together.

That was plain weird, was he drunk?

Devenney is alleged to be an aficionado of certain recreational chemicals and presumably associates with like minded souls.

[quote=“Appendage, post: 151022”]

Not funny. That sort of shit is frowned on at tfk.com, the discerning internetter’s forum.[/quote]
Wasn’t intended to be “funny”. Glad to clarify.

He wasn’t the only one on that Donegal team.