OTB (Off The Ball)

No wonder you are an asexual now

4 Likes

Being from a dual county we’ve met most counties at some stage and I have to say Tyrone supporters were the worst I’ve come across. There’s a badness in them. Armagh were rough but in a likeable way. Derry supporters were sound.

2 Likes

Tipp are bad losers but even worse winners.

For all the shit Cork gets - their supporters are A1.

1 Like

Cahir is actually a nice town as well. There is indeed some lovely scenery in Tipp, but by god there are some absolute sess pits of towns in the place as well

1 Like

2014 is the last year in the past 6 seasons where an Ulster side made it further than Tyrone in the AI series. In that time they have knocked out Cavan x2, Monaghan x3, Armagh and Donegal out of the Championship.

Anyone I’ve met from Tipp is dead sound. I think they have an excellent screening system in place down there but must relax it whenever the county hurls. I always found Cork fans to be sound too. Good winners and good losers.

The Ulster Championship or AI series didn’t start in 2014 though.

I think you work your way from the present backwards if you want a relevant picture.

My grandad was from Cahir. He and his family came to Dublin at 6 years old but he always supported Tipperary. I’ve been to Cahir once and I don’t remember anything about it.

1 Like

Was she asexual?

I prefer not to discuss out of respect.

The great French novelist, Michel Houellebecq said that the only truly free place in the whole of Europe was Tipperary town after 1am.

I attended the 2002 All-Ireland hurling semi-final between Kilkenny and Tipperary and at the start of the match was neutrally supporting Kilkenny

However as the match wore on, the Kilkenny supporters around me on the terrace began to strongly grate with me whereas the Tipperary supporters around me were sound and very friendly to talk to

So once the second half began I was supporting Tipperary

Pit stops in random pubs in Templemore or Borrisoleigh coming back from Thurles are great

1 Like

In my experience Tyrone supporters are the most knowledgable of all supporters in Ireland

Down supporters are the soundest

1 Like

Go way outta dat …

Down supporters are sound as a pound.

1 Like

That’s hard to believe. Their representative on TFK rarely, if ever, calls it correctly.

Don’t think Galway have played Down in Championship in my lifetime. Possibly hurling once in 2001?

That was Galway v Derry including their left corner forward John “not Bubbles” O’Dwyer who apparently met his Derry wife at the Feile festival in Thurles

I think they met on the top of a phone box

1 Like

Kerry supporters are the worst I’ve encountered, absolute animals and extremely bitter and vindictive in defeat. Patronising and arrogant in victory.

2 Likes

Supporters from british occupied Ireland can be at once delightful and intimidating. They often approach for a chat at an away game up there and they seem to appreciate people actually coming up.

For many years it seemed to be a case of supporters not bothering to travel and county teams overnighting in Dundalk or somewhere and then a quick in and out on matchday.

Then the game starts. They be very vocal and screechy and high pitched - think Pearse Doherty when he’s getting wound up by some blueshirt when standing in for Big Mary Lou during leaders’ questions.