OTB (Off The Ball)

This is it really, lads from Limerick City going on about Tipp Town while the ASU patrolled the streets of Limerick is irony at it’s greatest. The aforementioned Newcastlewest & Rathkeale also.
The rural resettlement scheme has caused some hardship to towns and villages in West Tipp.
Tipp town is no rougher than Ennis, Fermoy, Tralee etc etc.

At least the chippers stayed open in Limerick through the worst of times — They had to close them at 12am in Tipp town back in the day to keep the peace :grinning:

They had to keep them open in Limerick or the people would’ve starved to death.

4 Likes

Yeah - you’re right, kids need chips at 2 am.

I saw a 200 man brawl in Tipp town one night after coming out of the hotel night club … it was like nothing I have ever seen sense and I follow Liverpool and have seen lads pissing on dead people.

Yawn, a young fella got run over & reversed over several times in Limerick City last week mate, he’s dead now

1 Like

200 man brawl in Tipp town is classified as an incident

He did and it was an awful crime carried out by a couple of individuals — the faction fighting in Tipp involves whole towns.

Fethard is a beautiful part of the countryside.

1 Like

You went back after you got the clip on the head with a cricket bat?

1 Like

Jesus how did I forget about Rathkeale :smiley:

You clearly weren’t around for the full moon showdown in Limerick many years ago outside Supermacs so?

I think that cricket bat is clouding your judgement here.
I got a belt of a crutch while walking through Ballybricken (cc @Fagan_ODowd) one night but you don’t here me going on about it.

Never liked you either

cricket bat was a different night kid.

Tipp town is a kip to be fair.

Fully agree. I was below in Limerick last Saturday evening, I met a Mayo pal below and we enjoyed a couple of pints in the Ardhu Bar, close enough to the ground. As with all Mayo fans, he was completely incapable of talking about any other team apart from Mayo. He was nowhere near the worst of them as it turned out.

Of course there was a big fucking crowd of them in it and fuck all of us as usual. They were moaning at the ref straight from the throw in. Every tackle on a Mayo man was greeted with roars at the ref for a free, he obliged for the most part. Every free awarded was met with cries for yellow, black, and even red cards. Every wide and mistake by Galway was greeted with jeers.

I was sitting behind a family from Mayo, at one stage the two young fellas turned around and starting laughing into my face after a Galway pass went astray. I said nothing but the stare they got back was enough to stop the little fuckers turning around again.

At the start of the second half Galway brought Comer on. The mother of the young fellas turned around to me and said “Wouldn’t you think they’d have waited 5 mins to bring him in, it would have gee’d up the crowd a bit” I replied that it would make fuck all difference given the small Galway crowd in it.

Comer was only on and they were looking for him to be sent off, your man next to me was looking for a black card after Comer dived on the ball to stop Mayo clearing it. They gave the ref dogs abuse when he eventually did start giving a few frees against them. We were into injury time when Galway were awarded a free around their own 21. Sean Andy had the ball in hand and was waiting for someone to show for him. The father of the two young fellas stood up and started roaring “Fucking hell Ref, are you going to give him all day to take the fucking free” I finally lost the cool and roared back “ye are 6 points up for fucks sake, what’s your fucking hurry?”

There’s no-one even close to being as bad as the cunts. The few pints in Limerick were badly needed after it.

21 Likes

We were moving in the same circles last Saturday so jimmy.I didn’t find the too bad at all,great atmosphere in the Mackey stand to be fair.

1 Like

They were bad around me anyway, Massey! I was across in the North Stand, good aul atmosphere around the place alright, especially in the pubs before and after.

1 Like

There was a couple of young dopes rigged out in their roscommon gear in the Ardu before the game.Very weird carryon.

1 Like

Ah they were Rossies sure, weird carry on is to be expected.

1 Like