OTB (Off The Ball)

They have to be the most paranoid or deluded group of fans I’ve met, Roscommon fans are very similar in this regard.

I was at the Tyrone-Monaghan/Donegal-Mayo double header back in 2015. We were surrounded by Mayo fans for the second game which we stayed to watch. Mayo completely bossed Donegal all game and were winning very comfortably near the end and they were baying at the referee over every decision, even the most obvious of frees.

Near the end Kevin Keane boxed Michael Murphy, the umpire called over the ref who sent Keane off. They made the rare decision/mistake to show a replay of the incident on the big screen, all the Mayo fans went absolutely ballistic at the referee when the replay was shown, it was most clearcut and obvious red card you would see. It was utterly braindead and needless of Keane to do when they were cruising into the next round. Any normal set of supporters would have their head in their hands bemoaning Keane for the utter stupidity of getting sent off so needlessly but the Mayo fans decided to go mental at the referee for sending a player off for a red card offence.

What is with all the Mayo and Roscommon kids invading the pitch at the end of every bloody game too?

Tyrone and Cork were playing in a double header with Roscommon and Armagh last year and the Tyrone team had to come out and slalom their way through the Roscommon fans who had invaded the pitch as they came out for their warm up.

3 Likes

Are any of the chippers even open in Chipp Chown anymore? The whole of the Main St appears to have gone clane out of business.

“Pat Graces famous fried chicken”

Cahir castle is a must if anywhere near it,guided tour - great for anyone interested in Irish history

The Mayo players ran off the pitch in Saturday evening at the final whistle. They have probably had enough of their own supporters same as everyone else.

The Galway supporters sitting beside us were as bad in their own way. They read their players and management from the start to near the finish. They fucked off with the clock at 67 minutes played and missed a further 10 minutes of drama.

That’s a lovely post mate

When in Limerick do as the Munster fans do

That was amusing. Horan strode out onto the pitch himself but you could see him making eye contact with his players and nodding in the direction of the dressing rooms at them.

I had it on in the background and on mute…i remember seeing Horan gesturing with his head alright, I thought it was unusual at the time but paid it no heed… Things are bad when you’re running away from your own after they making a 5-6 hour roundtrip.

I see that Second Captains crowd are going to have a show on Radio Éireann on Saturday mornings.

Have had it for at least 2 years now

Informative

Its a tricky one for managers, most hate the muldoons that follow them, but realise its a price to pay.

By god … I googled it there and indeed the show is available on RTE website… I havent heard these lads since they left Newstalk - are they still shite?

I like the show. But they dont boil my piss like they appear to drive most on here demented.

See my response to fagan. It’s not a sports show. If you didnt like them on sports unlikely to enjoy it

1 Like

They try to be comedians. Should stick to the sport.

I think the second captains are fairly good compared to gilroy anyway they are world class.

4 Likes

Do you pay for their content?

I’m usually at mass at that time, Fortunately.

2 Likes