OTB (Off The Ball)

You are correct based on this

An Taoiseach, Michael Martin, will be on Off the Ball tonight to discuss sporting matters.

Competitive Frisbee?

Highlights were on that night I think. I didn’t have sky at the time so watched it then. Deferred coverage around 7 or 8 at night I think.

I believe @Thomas_Brady was at the 2008 final the big steaming bandwagoner

07 Limerick were in the final pal and yes, I was there.

The roar that went up for Richie Bennis that day, it was spine tingling

That’s what being an all Ireland winner in Limerick gets you, unlike Kilkenny where Cody is pulling knives out of his back with the last 5 years

1 Like

The much maligned joe molloy was fairly polished i thought when tackling Michael Martin this morning on their show about lack of p.e.

Good interview with Tony Pulis last night. He came across as a really good guy

3 Likes

What is the story with the crappy quiz? Do they actually think it’s funny?

1 Like

It’s easily the worst thing on all of Irish media. Including Eoghan Harris.

I heard that by chance . He came across very impressive . He would be a decent candidate to manage the ROI team .

3 Likes

I turn it off straight away.

Yeah a good interview to be fair.Tony came across as a decent sort.

1 Like

Molloy and Tom English discussing Telfer and the 95 Lions. Fuck me, I’d rather be in that carpool karaoke with Cordon and Ed Sheeran

3 Likes

Just checked my Podcast feed there to see was there any hurling chat I could have on in background as I worked.

Of the last 16 episodes uploaded by the otb gaa channel stretching back just over a week- 15 are Football and only 1 Hurling a day after analysis interview with Taggy. The coverage Football gets compared to Hurling is a disgrace, it’s more popular but not 15 times so.

1 Like

It was the 1997 Lions Mick . To be honest I enjoyed that piece . There are few topics in sport as interesting as the Springboks . I will buy the book and I am not a huge rugby fan .

1 Like

Its lucky we have Woolie to be honest or hurling would nearly be dead.

Jesus, that was hard going. That Tom English is in abasolute thrall to lads who’ve played rugby. Peter Claw seems like a god to him. He went on for about 15 mins about Paul Wallace and the way he was wrestling someone in a scrum and it being a deciding factor in a test match. Bizarre game when it’s broken down to that level and you find out what merits being a good player.

1 Like