OTB (Off The Ball)

Do you think Kellie’s a fascist ?

You’re bullying me. Post reported.

1 Like

Call the mods

1 Like

I refuse to answer that.

(Make up your own mind )

I’m not sure they did - I doubt they’d have expected this kind of fall out from a question in relation to a tweet or opinion she holds. He was being edgy for sure but it was a relevant question in relation to her standing and the ambassadorial role she now holds, given her views somewhat contradict it. When she got her back up he dug in as she was not dealing with it in a reasonable or polite way so I say fair enough there.

Her petulance is actually what probably has caused the biggest problem, not a side of Kellie we’ve seen before,
Having an issue with current immigration policies is no biggie, falling for the ‘all rapists are immigrants’ line is naive, but she could have manouvered her way through that, surprised that she wasn’t ever expecting a question on it,

Nobody should ever be allowed into another country, anywhere, ever, because a criminal could be coming in.

Hell, nobody should ever be allowed into another county, anywhere, ever, because a criminal could be coming into your community.

Hell, if @TheUlteriorMotive or Colm Parkinson or Eilis O’Hanlon or David Quinn leave their house on a Sunday lunchtime, that’s a potential criminal moving out into the community.

The only answer I can see is: The world needs to stand completely still for the rest of time. Anything else is potential criminality.

You’re suggesting she be a bit more savvy in hiding her racism?

I don’t think she’s racist.

Was what she tweeted racist?

What did she tweet?

You’re telling me you’ve been participating in this discussion without knowing what Harrington tweeted? :grinning:

2 Likes

Fire up the tweet there.

I don’t think she’s racist nor a fascist.

Was what she tweeted racist?

Have you been participating in this discussion without knowing what was tweeted?

Within an hour you had a cohort here screaming that she should explain herself, that she should apologize for having an opinion and claiming she’s a racist with links to far right bot farms.

Tomorrow they’ll be angrily making demands of some other poor soul and onwards the virtue signallers go.

You’re dead right that OTB were out to stitch her up… She also could have handled it better.

13 Likes

If she has changed immigrant to men she’d have been fine. It’s focussed on a need to protect women against violence. It’s clumsily worded and she didn’t know who the politician was.

I’d give her a pass and tell her to stay away from social media as you don’t get a second chance to explain your thinking with a hastily worded tweet.

Social media is a minefield and she’s found that out the hard way. I don’t think she’s a racist nor a fascist.

4 Likes

You didn’t answer the question. Was the tweet racist?

Is Macron racist ?

Harrington responded to a 12 year old girl brutally murdered.

It’s a conversation nobody dare have lest they be accused of racism. Harrington doesn’t have the tools to deal with a nuanced issue like this and as she said herself she regrets it.

5 Likes

Hopefully Newstalk and OTB keep up the tough line of questioning the next time they interview John Kiely and ask him would Pat Ryan have been cut if he wasn’t involved in a court case. Also an update on the Kyle Hayes and Aran Gillane cases would be welcome.

6 Likes

Ah here. You’re only reading about it now. :smiley::smiley:

1 Like