OTB (Off The Ball)

And half of the other half would be against her being allowed to box.

2 Likes

Is there anybody left in Ireland who’s not a Nazi ?

2 Likes

I was completely unaware of it anyway until this all blew up yesterday. Think it was in some of the papers at the time but definitely wasn’t a big deal.

1 Like

All the Gemma classics are being wheeled out now.

Inteesting they came after her six months later. She was naive. You’d hope she gets a chance to learn from it. I expect she’s enough of a reservoir of goodwill to do so.

The article seems to suggest this is not an isolated incident. There are a few other hints of her intolerance of foreignors. This ties in with her refusal to address the issue in the interview.

+1. I don’t say this lightly but it feels like some posters’ main motivation is to hurt others’ feelings rather than to educate & illuminate. :smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear:

7 Likes

One of the biggest problems Kellie Harrington now faces is the sort of people who are now sticking up for her.

When John McGuirk, the Irish Freedom Party, Colm Parkinson and @ImmigrantsOut46439220 flock to your corner, they automatically drag you down with them.

5 Likes

That’s a bullshit comment.

Nobody is outraged, perhaps a little surprised, Kellie appeared whiter than white, a new queen of hearts, much more likeable than Katie Taylor or probably any other recent sports star,
She acted like a bully in that interview, she subsequently ‘apologized’, she should have dealt with it at the time.

To suggest that people wouldn’t be more outraged by a vicious assault and murder is ridiculous, I’m not sure it made the news here,
Migrants do terrible things, just like any broad grouping in society, they don’t do it BECAUSE they’re migrants, it’s dangerous to peddle the idea that they do

3 Likes

Is the statement “12th person killed by an inmigrant in France this year” a fact or fiction? If I say that in isolation, it may not be racist if it happened to be true.

Given the source of the statement, one would have to assume that is being used to fuel racial divisions and ergo is racist.

What did Gilroy say about it?

If we’re at the stage where that matters then the subject matter at hand should be left alone.

1 Like

Some would argue she’s appearing more whiter than white now.

Don’t think he said anything but all the OTB crew have been retweeting it non stop.

Done a killing for them on clicks and views anyway. Original video was over 1.5 million views last night. Probably gone through the roof since.

1 Like

I only watched it myself there a few mins ago.

I checked Gilroy’s twitter to see what he said that prompted Flatty’s comment but there didn’t seem to be anything there about it at all.

There were 1175 homicides in France in 2021, 948 in 2022. I’ve no idea whether the claim of 12 of those being committed by immigrants is true, but even if it were, it doesn’t seem such a large number compared to 1175 or 948.

I’m surprised that this abduction and murder hasn’t got much traction outside of France. Perhaps that would be because the perpetrator was a white man with a typical French name, and thus cannot be used to spread hatred against immigrants.

I don’t understand why everyone can’t just get along :person_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Took your time :popcorn:

Seems there has been a long term decline in the homicide rate in France. And that Ms. Vlaardingerbroek’s narrative is therefore bollocks. Who could have guessed.

France Murder/Homicide Rate 1990-2023 | MacroTrends.

How does a tweet get “promoted”?