OTB (Off The Ball)

Ger expected the Dort would bring him to the stadium.

2 Likes

The OTB lads are pretty unanimous here that Kenny’s time should probably come to an end although not until the end of this campaign. There was even an admission that results are actually important in international football.

Went to the Hurling Pod live last night and really enjoyed it. If that makes me a cunt, so be it

19 Likes

Will is a sound skin. You’re a midlander now

It’s nice to see Skehill found something he was suited for finally. That Will is grand, which is the highest compliment imaginable you could give to one of those OTB folk.

2 Likes

did they apologise?

1 Like

Who was the panel ?

James Skehill, Paul Murphy, Joe Canning, Tommy Walsh and Ciaran Carey

2 Likes

That sounds like a cracking panel tbf.

Paul Murphy pound for pound is the best pundit about and seems sound too.

I like Tommy Walsh and Joe canning too.

1 Like

He’s very good & seems like a sound fella but dare I say it a bit boring, need a bit of a character too imo.

3 Likes

I thought he was able to have the craic a little.

Canning and Murphy would be an ideal panel on Rte.

Murphy is on the BBC? Havent seen him on it but hes very good on OTB tbf. Very good at breaking down the technical aspects in a simple matter

Hi Paul

Ah ya i wouldn’t say he’s zero craic at all to be fair, but he is a bit of a company man.

1 Like

Exactly. There’d be a league game in April and Galway would be playing Westmeath.

Will: “how do you see that going Paul.”

Paul: “Westmeath have a lot of good hurlers, but I see Galway winning by 7 or 8.”

He’s really thinking Westmeath are shite and Galway will win by 25 but is too PC to say that.

3 Likes

Agreed, totally safe. Really gone off the Hurling pod. Between Father Ted and American Football references I barely listen to it anymore

He was excellent on the bbc

Hi Bar

1 Like

One of the questions in the quiz was “how many points has the great Tony Kelly scored from play in the last two all Ireland finals with Mikey Butler up his hole?”

Ouch! :grimacing: