OTB (Off The Ball)

So Off the ball no longer on YouTube?

Well I watched it this morning on YouTube

“I’m going to open the Kimono a bit here”

1 Like

I’m saying that on the next teams call

8 Likes

Joe wasn’t too long pulling back the curtain after Ger opened his kimino.

Very strange to talk about their intimate relationship with the audience and to say they may be over explaining, and then provide 24 hours notice.

1 Like

Two self indulgent hoors there who both think their shit tastes like chocolate.

10 Likes

Second Captains at a fiver plus vat a month is good value. €9.99 for OTB and the radio and morning shows are still there - not too sure.

2 Likes

Why one days notice :person_shrugging::person_shrugging::person_shrugging::person_shrugging:

1 Like

Every business in the state got grants during Covid if their revenue was down 30% …id say these lads tanked completely at that period

Getting in before the Rugby World Cup and return of the Premier League?

1 Like

Maybe…seems rushed and completely panicked

Molloy looked odd to say the least

It comes across like that but I remember having a look through that survey last year and it was basically a few filler questions before presenting different packages asking people what they would pay for.

The timing is definitely to do with the rugby and PL returning I’d say but I think the short notice was their deluded think that people might clamour to sign up so they don’t ‘miss out’.

1 Like

That was a cringefest from 2 sanctimonious wafflers. Still though it could be quite lucrative venture. Wooly Parkinson has over 3,000 followers for just covering GAA and had to start from scratch. OTB have brand recognition from Newstalk for >20 years and have an existing platform and the listeners in Situ. If at a very conservative 10,000 people signed up it would be worth €1.2m a year. They probably stand to make much more. Rugby will be their main focus.

He looked like he didnt agree with the decision and told gilroy he had to come on and explain to the listeners. I wonder how much notice did the presenters get and where they involved in the discussion to go behind the paywall

1 Like

Even if thats the case, one day’s notice is really stupid. It’s like theyre trying to rush lads into it without thinking. You’d think they’d have announced some whopper content for the next month to get people over the line. Previews, special interviews, a new segment of some sort…
@johnnysachs i think he mentioned 1,000 people suggesting they would pay… who knows. Good luck to them i suppose. They’re not my cup of tea.

1 Like

If they tank at the rubby World Cup I’ll happily pay the tenner to listen to the fall out.

10 Likes

Theyll have to beat Scotland and/or South Africa and NZ or France to get to a semi. Anything leas than a semi is a failure really. They gained a sub now i guess

1 Like

Their rugby coverage is definitely good and other media outlets don’t do it as well. Football is far more saturated.

Woolie was the complete driving force behind GAA Joe and had his following.

Ger Gilroy doesn’t have that.

I think Joe Molloy is good but might be better suited to politics long term. He is obviously a good part of their rubby coverage.

I can only assume they have an insight into how the 42 are doing.