OTB (Off The Ball)

Ya he looked like a man that had his world changed for the worse.

1 Like

Ger Gilroy revealing himself in his kimono finished him

6 Likes

Hes been doing his own bits on the side for a while.Sure he does the 6 nations on Virgin,he was presenting The Hard Shoulder there a couple of weeks ago.Id say Gilroy is losing his shirt with the new model.He also probably sees what his old colleagues are making on The Second Captains and even Parkinson and thinks “I’ll have some of that”.

Molloy could be a bit annoying and precious at times but he was the best of what they had. Richie and Big Mick will have to do the heavy lifting now.

Newstalk must pay fuck all.

Why do people think they are losing so much? Surely they are just making more by charging for free content?

Molloy is a good broadcaster to be fair.

1 Like

JD will be getting more work now🙄

Ive been thinking the exact same :person_shrugging::smile:

1 Like

I listen to it less and less these days but if JD steps in for Molloy that’ll be the end of it for me.

3 Likes

Good riddance to Molloy, won’t have endure him in the car any more. A pompous arrogant know it all who knows the square root of fuck all. Has to give his long winded opinion on everything. A good sports broadcaster gets the best out of their guests. That never happens with Molloy as his ego has to get in the way.

6 Likes

I would have thought that described Gilroy and Molloy was actually a bit more self aware and less opinionated and not all about himself

2 Likes

Molloy is the worst. Gilroy at times has done good stuff. He had a great interview with Lance Armstrong a few years back where he got under his skin and Lance just hung up.

Molloy is a dose, giving advice to Tony Kelly, Rhadidat Adeleke, McIllroy et al on what they are doing wrong. I must confess I do enjoy his whingefest every time the Rugby lose.

4 Likes

Yes but Molloy is a rugby and golf head and @Fat_Pox despises both.

1 Like

I’m indifferent to golf. Like to hear the Irish lads do well.

1 Like

Met him at a funeral last week. Seemed very genuine. Had a good chat with him about all things GAA bar Limerick hurling

1 Like

It’s time for Will O’Callaghan to go all the way to the very top (of OTB presenters). He’s the only tolerable personality they have.

4 Likes

In fairness he’s shit guests

JD is a penance. Constantly interrupting people who are answering the cunting question he asked

1 Like

I’m expecting Tipperary’s finest Cathal Minogue to step seamlessly into Joe’s shoes here.