OTB (Off The Ball)

Are you sure your not mixing them up,I’d have said that about Gilroy

2 Likes

Will is good people

Never listen to OTB really but that history of sport series Molloy did with Paul Rouse was great. Not many projects to match it from the vast array of Irish radio/podcast shows over the past decade.

4 Likes

He’s played with Louth hurlers so would have a few yarns about Div 3 and Lory Meaghar to fill a few broadcasts

He did a very good interview with David Ginola but that’s all of nine years ago.

The time Gary Neville put him back in his box was badly needed.

You’d wonder will they do a bit of a restructure.

Poor Aisling never gets a break running around the country chasing interviews while the likes of Big Mick, Richie or yer man Arthur never have to leave the studio.

There’s no obvious replacement for Molloy as you couldn’t really leave Shane Hannon or Eoin Sheehan in charge by themselves.

Ash is flat out with GaaGo but to be fair only for gender quotes she wouldn’t be there.In saying that she’s harmless and generally let’s the lads talk football/hurling unlike Joanne who buts in every 10 seconds

She has the MC gig at Croker these days which hector and Daithi O’Se used to do.

1 Like

Paul Collins shafted too.

Don’t forget the lucrative Ireland AM slot where she informs the housewives of Ireland about the essential small talk sporting topics.

4 Likes

I think they split that between them - there is often a badly lad and an unkempt fella on over the weekends

1 Like

I stand corrected. Ash’s insta stories are my only awareness of any Ireland AM content.

Paddy Andrews has worked his way into that slot too.

You have to admire it.

Fuck him.

3 Likes

If their overall listenership is reducing they can’t charge as much for sponsorship of the live radio or the old free podcasts…so they need to replace that with subs…at minimum

Is their overall listenership reducing ?

Between live and podcasts? Almost certainly I’d say

It was a good listen but deteriorated nadly there about six or aeven years ago. I packed it in completely about four years back. I’d be shocked if there are many listening.

Based on?

They are a radio show from 7-10 in the evenings and the weekends.