OTB (Off The Ball)

Sure they were doing that before they went paid podcasts too…do you think as many people listen to the pods now that they are behind a paywall?

Any idea how many subscribers they have?

Not a clue

I dunno what lads do be thinking on here at all.

A lot of failed sports journalists bitter they didn’t get the call up to off the ball I’d say.

I think when Ken earlys crowd left they’d a 30k average audience on the week night shows. It’s up to 50k now.

They had fuck all sponsors as well. Sure these boylesports and paddy power sponsoring them for a while.

Any money they are bringing in from subs is bonus money for them surely. That morning show on YouTube hadn’t two people listening to it.

:rofl::rofl: a media expert as well now

So do you think more or less people hear OTB content now that you need to pay for the podcasts?

2 Likes

But sure what difference does it make? It was free before and now it’s paid so how are they losing? They were constantly changing sponsors. There’s no way any sponsors were giving them any big money. I tuned in one morning to listen to o Gara and there was 700 or 800 people listening on YouTube.

I told you why earlier and you ignored it

No you didn’t.

There views on YouTube haven’t changed a whole pile. They’ve a free racing show up 24 hours and it’s gotten 91 views.

Some of their rugby stuff seems to have 5k and 6k views.

Molloy is a serious loss to OTB. Like or dislike him he’s undoubtedly a serious and professional broadcaster that can turn his hand to just about anything. The rest of the OTB crew are more your pub bore types. I don’t see an obvious replacement for him unless Gilroy takes on an even bigger role but people think Gilroy is a cunt which doesn’t help.

Richie hasn’t left his bedroom since Covid. Peter Griffin alike Mick McCarthy and professional Kerryman, Eoin Sheahan, are surely not up to replacing Joe. Nathan is OK I think but he’s often away commentating on games. Will O’Callaghan is pretty likable though in fairness but can he cover every sport rather than just hurling?

3 Likes

And a Dubs football fan

I’m of the opposite opinion. Molloy is the Derek McGrath of sports broadcasting.

He speaks an awful lot without ever saying anything. He tries too hard to be “deep”.

4 Likes

It’s incredible to think he was only 34 in that picture.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1816821217355088291

the head on gilroy :grinning:

4 Likes

The tache and longer hair suit him

The fucking state of him :joy:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/offtheball/status/1819400865272176996?s=46

:grinning::grinning:

The replies.:rofl::rofl:

https://twitter.com/offtheball/status/1820937260180632057?t=Zkk32cVcmjyVgWYCOLDZGQ&s=19

4 Likes

I love Kellie but they had every right to ask her questions about that tweet and she handled the interview badly. Everyone makes mistakes though and I think her subsequent statement cleared up her views on it and it should be left in the past.

4 Likes

A sports programme interviewing an Olympic gold medalist not the time nor place.

Sports and politics shouldnt be mixed. It was a hit job to cancel hed and get views.

2 Likes

Presume they’ll ask Zeebs all about his twitter likes next time hes on.

6 Likes