OTB (Off The Ball)

If they go yo Nova or sOmeone they’ll not be accessible to much of their audience. It really needs to be RTE, but they are too much upstarts for that.

yeah,
as you know, i like bandage despise the practice that is rugby football but the discussion with Alan Quinlan and Thornley tonight wasnt bad for driving home in the car and the program then on the LOI was right up street with the 2 lads after that.
it seems that the program has retained the likes of Quinlan, Giles, Hunter, Sadlier, etc whose interviews provide the base of many of the shows , they havent all walked out in support of the lads anyway.

[quote=“mickee321, post: 747799, member: 367”]yeah,
as you know, i like bandage despise the practice that is rugby football but the discussion with Alan Quinlan and Thornley tonight wasnt bad for driving home in the car and the program then on the LOI was right up street with the 2 lads after that.
it seems that the program has retained the likes of Quinlan, Giles, Hunter, Sadlier, etc whose interviews provide the base of many of the shows , they havent all walked out in support of the lads anyway.[/quote]

Which guests have left? US murph?

Gilroy is doing a good job and he’s a very capable host, but Joe Molloy is no craic at all and comes across like Mother Teresa.

The boys are obsessed with golf too like all sports journos with their afternoons off. They don’t realise most people couldn’t give a fuck about harringtons swing mechanics and the likes

Gilroy is as boring as fuck and can’t carry the show. Parkinson is a scut. The rest are non entities.

The Open, the Ryder Cup and laughing at Pubehead imploding are the only things relating to golf anybody cares about.

Gilroy is a very good sports journo in the sense that he is professional and knows hi shit. But he is too much of a bore and lick arse. I like my jouno’s to be a bait rebelious.

I like Parkinson

Parkinson is a self obsessed egomaniac with little or nothing to contribute to GAA discussion imo. His ship will sail off soon enough with the compass well & truly left in port.

He’s a great bit of stuff. And has the medals to prove it, also a fabulous analyst

Parkinson’s thrives on being written off, he’s like a fungus that you can’t get rid of. He’ll continue to grow, of that there is little doubt. He’s off the norm, isn’t afraid to speak his opinion, the only fear is that he will shave off some of the rougher edges to make it further up the ladder, but up the ladder he will go. Give me a Parkinson over the likes of a Lar Corbett or a Kilkenny player or a Larry O’Gorman etc any day of the week.

Racist

Rod.

Decent interview with Sean Og on just now. He isnt the most articulate but you cant doubt his love for Cork and for hurling.

Ah jaysus it was shit. If we had have had Donal O’Grady after 2005 we could have taken Kilkenny.

And my favourite. If there was one word that summed up that Cork team it is Geese. Geese.

[quote=“Fagan ODowd, post: 750011, member: 706”]Ah jaysus it was shit. If we had have had Donal O’Grady after 2005 we could have taken Kilkenny.

And my favourite. If there was one word that summed up that Cork team it is Geese. Geese.[/quote]

Gilroy asked him specifically about the curtailment of KK post 2005 if OGrady had stayed… he didnt bring it up.

Yeah the geese thing was lame alright.

[quote=“Fagan ODowd, post: 750011, member: 706”]Ah jaysus it was shit. If we had have had Donal O’Grady after 2005 we could have taken Kilkenny.

And my favourite. If there was one word that summed up that Cork team it is Geese. Geese.[/quote]

They could have played us for a fortnight in the 2006 final and never got the lead back.

That would have been a lot of injury time.

Ger Gilroy’s penchant for describing things as “amazing” is quite irritating.