OTB (Off The Ball)

This is so true. I admire them alot for standing up to Frank but the big thing was they really din’t gain any true lasting support from the clubs. The lasting legacy should have been a push throughout Cork to virtually replace every single CB delegate and make sure he/she has to be voted in year on year and is held accountable for not bring issues back to the clubs. The delegates now in place are more or less the same boys as ever and as you can by recent votes against football rules “in case they become hurling rules” shows what way Cork have gone - backwards. Frank couldn’t give a fuck about the future or developing Cork teams and players, he had the glory years and now he is getting his stadium. The teams fight against all this was gallant but they did not follow thru and it cost them All Ireland’s. They now see that and are bitter and in hindsight very disappointed in what happened. I expect Donal Og to admit as much sometime over te next 2 years.

Cork administration is full of greedy self centered wanker’s who don’t give a fuck about anyone only their only little circle. If Cork GAA operated to it’s true potential it would be Cork they’d be talking about splitting in two.

Adrian Barry will be joining Off The Ball from 98FM

Is he the guy that had all the loon balls and taxi drivers ringing him up?

Adrian Kennedy?

Listened on Wednesday night. Colm Parkinson was on for updates of the u-21 matches (updates in that he was following the matches on Twitter).

Could tolerate that but then the cunt was on the football show giving his tuppence worth on Trap and the football team. :eek:

[quote=“dodgy-keeper, post: 750981, member: 1552”]Listened on Wednesday night. Colm Parkinson was on for updates of the u-21 matches (updates in that he was following the matches on Twitter).

Could tolerate that but then the cunt was on the football show giving his tuppence worth on Trap and the football team. :eek:[/quote]
He’s a cunt I can’t listen to him

How has he such a prominet role in the media? Not even a great pundit or speaker. An ok playing career but nothing exceptional either.

He’s edgy
He shoots from the hip
etc etc

He’s one of these cunts that were just born lucky

He is doing a masters in journalism I believe

[quote=“dodgy-keeper, post: 750981, member: 1552”]Listened on Wednesday night. Colm Parkinson was on for updates of the u-21 matches (updates in that he was atefollowing the matches on Twitter).

Could tolerate that but then the cunt was on the football show giving his tuppence worth on Trap and the football team. :eek:[/quote]

is that who the fucker is with the diabolical accent giving the updates?, ah so when he was moaning about Laois getting hockeyed by 20+ points by kildare in the Leinster U-21 i should have triggered, christ he sounds like a complete dope.
Parkinson is to the radio what Paul Flynn was to the Sunday Game, the thing they have in common is their extraordinary dropout rate in the first year of courses in acaademic institutions in places like Carlow and Waterford where the entry criteria was <200 points and the only desire is to be in the Shigerson team.
He reminds me of some fella who was just an average country fella at home and then went to Dublin and came home at the weekend doing mad rebellious stuff like standing down the back of the church at mass on Sunday morning where badly fitting clothes and telling people about shit gigs he used to attend in places like the village.

Aside from this blip i dont think their show has suffered too much from the loss of the other 5, i have no idea who this fella from 98FM is who MBB is talking about but TBH i think listeners have largely forgotten the others now.

They have David Brady on as a co-presenter this evening. He’s the quintessential Mayo man…Full of auld baloney. He always sounds like he’s half pissed as well.

I wouldnt be gone on Brady but he is a decent football analyst.

However listening to him trying to converse with Dan Martyn was hard on the ears.

At least he challenged Gilroy on some stuff earl on. Brady doesn’t seem to rate Trap very much but he did point out a bit of foolishness in Gilroy’s criticism. Is this the format now - to have a rotating co-presenter from the ranks of ex players?

Didn’t Brady say something mad similar to Roddy Collins’ ‘Paul Lake beats his wife’ on some show once, could have been Off The Ball?

He also made a comment about sodomising Eoing McDevitt one night.

Yeah he wanted to rape Eoin McDevitt, told him he’d brought a jar of vaseline with him to the studio or something

Yip, it was quality. Went down like a tonne of bricks

:smiley:

I’d forgotten about that!

Brady was alright tonight. Must be a fair slap in the face to poor Murph that they could pull a lad in off the street who could do the job as well as him.