OTB (Off The Ball)

He called the gooch “a class bit of ass” one time as well :D,he’s ten times better than that parkinson tard

Colm Parkinson must have the most annoying voice on radio. Unlisten-to-able

driving home from work tonite i listened to last night’s football show on the podcast.
i actually think that stewie byrne was quite good, i cant imagine they had too many listeneners tho as they were watching the irish game and talking about it as opposed to a live broadcast on RTE radio and TV.
i dont know who was presenting the football show but whoever it was he was better than Ken Earley and i think himself and Byrne ( who is a good speaker on the game) works well and deserves a chance.
Parkinson is a fucking joke tho, he was interrupting with meaningless comments about the game, things like " Long got the ball there", in an awful drawl, Byrne was being polite saying things like " right Colm , but he was taken off 10 minutes ago" in an effort to curb the wanton simpleton.

I presume that was Zebo who was being interviewed in a noisy pub tonight - only caught a few minutes of it on my walk home.

I’ve heard a few bits of Gilroy in recent weeks and he hasn’t annoyed me as much as I thought but tonight the line of questioning was pretty ridiculous anyway, equal parts fawning and boring.

“Did you get the feeling we’d turned the corner after the excellent result against Argentina and did you think this group of players can beat anyone?”
“Did you realise that you were a big part of that and the reason for so much excitment?”
“Do you know how important it is to have a guy like yourself and to know that we can put you up against anyone in the tournament and know that you’ll be better than your opponent?”

I felt sorry for who I presume was Zebo having to answer questions like that.

[quote=“Rocko, post: 752909, member: 1”]I presume that was Zebo who was being interviewed in a noisy pub tonight - only caught a few minutes of it on my walk home.

I’ve heard a few bits of Gilroy in recent weeks and he hasn’t annoyed me as much as I thought but tonight the line of questioning was pretty ridiculous anyway, equal parts fawning and boring.

“Did you get the feeling we’d turned the corner after the excellent result against Argentina and did you think this group of players can beat anyone?”
“Did you realise that you were a big part of that and the reason for so much excitment?”
“Do you know how important it is to have a guy like yourself and to know that we can put you up against anyone in the tournament and know that you’ll be better than your opponent?”

I felt sorry for who I presume was Zebo having to answer questions like that.[/quote]
It was Zebo.

He also asked him, in reference to the improvised pick up off his boots versus Wales “does he practice that in training?”

It was LIVE from Searsons on Baggit St and hardly a soul in the pub was listening to it. There was constant chitter chatter in background and when the interview was finished Gilroy asked for a big cheer. A handful of claps and the odd cheer followed. Poor

[quote=“Rocko, post: 752909, member: 1”]I presume that was Zebo who was being interviewed in a noisy pub tonight - only caught a few minutes of it on my walk home.

I felt sorry for who I presume was Zebo having to answer questions like that.[/quote]

in fairness tho rocko that sums up the attitude of the media in this country to rugby football, Gilroy is not alone in fawning to these cunts.
We need to get a TFK radio show and get Mick Galway on, fire questions at the cunt like, " are you proud to have defended a drunk driving child killer in court?", " why is this man a hero amoungst his “people” in Thomond Park"?.. sew it into the bastard

Jaysus Gilroy was dire for that rugby segment tonight. Talking about how Ulster players will want to repay fans who sang Stand Up for the Ulstermen in Twickenham when they were getting their arses handed to them. That was Dessie Cahillesque and the sort of shite McDevitt would never entertain.

You sure thats what they were singing Fagan? It wasnt Swing Low Sweet Chariots by any chance?

no pal, that’ll be the Oirish down under you’r thinking about during the upcoming British Lions tour

Perhaps but Ulllllllsterrrrrrrr have previous in this mate, they’re well known for singing the Chariots at Ravenhill.

who cares?, they are cut from the same cloth as all Oirish rugby football fans whose main interest now is seeing how many Lions they can provide to Her Majesty for the upcoming sojourn to Van Diemen’s land, no doubt their song will be sung as the empire puts manners on the heathens using Paddy as an example to the natives of what imperialism can achieve,

I listened last night hoping for updates of the Munster u-21 football matches, instead had to contend with the fawning over that cunt Zebo in Searson’s.

I like Ger Gilroy generally but I don’t think I’ve ever heard such brown nosing of an interviewee as was heard in his interview with “Zeebs”. A couple of times Gilroy even said to him “I hope to God you won’t be going on that summer tour with Ireland as we all want you on the Lions Tour.” :rolleyes:

Seems like he is the first player in the history of sport to ever suffer a slight injury too. :rolleyes:

That was bad enough but then they pulled out a further collection of cunts including Gerry Thornley and Alan Quinlan. Thornley started by saying “Simon can be the next Brian O’Driscoll of Irish rugby.” Christ.

It was so bad I was nearly hoping for the return of Parkinson, at least he’d give you updates on the GAA matches.

[quote=“dodgy-keeper, post: 753285, member: 1552”]I listened last night hoping for updates of the Munster u-21 football matches, instead had to contend with the fawning over that cunt Zebo in Searson’s.

I like Ger Gilroy generally but I don’t think I’ve ever heard such brown nosing of an interviewee as was heard in his interview with “Zeebs”. A couple of times Gilroy even said to him “I hope to God you won’t be going on that summer tour with Ireland as we all want you on the Lions Tour.” :rolleyes:

Seems like he is the first player in the history of sport to ever suffer a slight injury too. :rolleyes:

That was bad enough but then they pulled out a further collection of cunts including Gerry Thornley and Alan Quinlan. Thornley started by saying “Simon can be the next Brian O’Driscoll of Irish rugby.” Christ.

It was so bad I was nearly hoping for the return of Parkinson, at least he’d give you updates on the GAA matches.[/quote]
Ah yeah it was shite - real man crush stuff.

FFS… thankfully I tuned out. Thornley gives me the fucking shits everytime I hear him.

Uuhhhhmmmmmmm, uuhhhhmmmmm, uuhhhmmmmmmm… FUCK OFF GERRY!!!

I like Thornley. I think he manages to keep a close relationship with the rugby set while still setting out what he thinks is right or wrong with them.

Dodgy Keeper listened to all of a fucking Newstalk rugby special, ah this is getting fucking ridiculous now at this stage!!!

Himself and horsebox will stoop to any level to fit in.

Off topic.

Did anyone listen to Damien O’Meara wens night? I only caught the end of it but he had a Dublin man on who has set up a system of valuing Premier League soccer teams properly.

Link here :
http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2013/03/25/from-man-utd-at-1bn-to-wigan-at-42m-whats-your-club-really-worth-250102/

Announcement due ot the return of the Off the Ball 5 on Tuesday, anyone in the know on this?