OTB (Off The Ball)

So your idols big new show is a weekly podcast for the Irish Times :smiley:

They are hot property alright.

What a disastrous career move.

[quote=“The Runt, post: 769132, member: 181”]So your idols big new show is a weekly podcast for the Irish Times :smiley:

They are hot property alright.[/quote]
Bit of a letdown for them alright. Saw a couple of retweets of them last week, saying their gardening leave is nearing an end and how exciting it all was. Now they’re doing a weekly podcast (for a month’s trial it seems?) on a website that doesn’t really do podcasts and that has dreadful online content.

At least Kenneth got himself a writing gig out of this but if the Irish Times think they’re going to crack the online market with this podcast and Conor Pope’s blog, then they’re even more fucked than they seem. That newspaper is being run into the ground with terrible decision after terrible decision.

[quote=“Rocko, post: 769136, member: 1”]Bit of a letdown for them alright. Saw a couple of retweets of them last week, saying their gardening leave is nearing an end and how exciting it all was. Now they’re doing a weekly podcast (for a month’s trial it seems?) on a website that doesn’t really do podcasts and that has dreadful online content.

At least Kenneth got himself a writing gig out of this but if the Irish Times think they’re going to crack the online market with this podcast and Conor Pope’s blog, then they’re even more fucked than they seem. That newspaper is being run into the ground with terrible decision after terrible decision.[/quote]
If this is it, then wow, just, wow. I presume there will be something more, at some stage perhaps, but at this moment in time, Gilroy will be laughing all the way up his sleeve.

[quote=“The Runt, post: 769132, member: 181”]So your idols big new show is a weekly podcast for the Irish Times :smiley:

They are hot property alright.[/quote]

:smiley:

cringe for the likes of Gola,croppyboy and horsebox who idolized these mongs

[quote=“Rocko, post: 769136, member: 1”]Bit of a letdown for them alright. Saw a couple of retweets of them last week, saying their gardening leave is nearing an end and how exciting it all was. Now they’re doing a weekly podcast (for a month’s trial it seems?) on a website that doesn’t really do podcasts and that has dreadful online content.

At least Kenneth got himself a writing gig out of this but if the Irish Times think they’re going to crack the online market with this podcast and Conor Pope’s blog, then they’re even more fucked than they seem. That newspaper is being run into the ground with terrible decision after terrible decision.[/quote]
Might be a good idea for you to offer to re-jig their godawful website pal. It is our paper of record after all so it would be quite a patriotic act from yourself.

they recruit for the Brit army mate- anyone who buys that paper is a traitor

I presume the crew will slowly move on to other things. What will be interesting will be how many contributors to the Irish Times will be available for the podcast.

If they see themselves occupying a space like the Guardian’s Football Weekly then they’ll need to up the ante from the off.

:eek: Where should I get my news from so pal?

cringe for the likes of Gola,croppyboy and horsebox who idolized these mongs[/quote]

These guys were harping on about how much money they would get at the likes of RTE, that they were the voice of the nation etc.

Turns out that they had a few thousand listeners and have now been reduced to a weekly podcast :smiley:

On here mate

[quote=“The Runt, post: 769145, member: 181”]These guys were harping on about how much money they would get at the likes of RTE, that they were the voice of the nation etc.

Turns out that they had a few thousand listeners and have now been reduced to a weekly podcast :D[/quote]

and at this precise moment in time I doubt their new project will hit the heights of Rockos and Bandages much loved podcast

[quote=“The Runt, post: 769145, member: 181”]These guys were harping on about how much money they would get at the likes of RTE, that they were the voice of the nation etc.

Turns out that they had a few thousand listeners and have now been reduced to a weekly podcast :D[/quote]

I think you’re missing the point Runt. They can start this podcast at 5 or 6 and not have to wait until 7.

I like the Irish Times announcement that says Second Captains @ The Irish Times will be free to stream and podcast. How exactly does one podcast a podcast?

Stunning victory for DOB.

Fair play to them, they must be getting paid the best part of €100 each for that job.

I wouldn’t listen in often but I’ve heard from a few of the boys in work that Gilroy is doing a great job of it.

Also those pieces of “Journalism” that Ken writes in the Times are embarrassing.

What exactly is the “Murph” character going to pay the bills with for the next 6 months?

The release on the Irish Times site says that

[SIZE=16px]This month, the only place to hear the Second Captains is with irishtimes.com[/SIZE]

…and refers to a series of shows as opposed to a long term contract.

[quote=“croppy_boy, post: 769170, member: 306”]The release on the Irish Times site says that

…and refers to a series of shows as opposed to a long term contract.[/quote]

you’re like a love struck teenager for these mongs- get over it

You’re like a castrated elephant on acid - seek help.

I’m just commenting on what the says in the newspaper of record.