OTB (Off The Ball)

The boys made a play for something on Newstalk they didn’t get it. Now they are slowly picking themselves up. I don’t understand this Oirish infantile trait, laughing at their plight.
At least they tried to better themselves and had the good grace to leave on principle when it didn’t work out.

All the best to them I say.

[quote=“Special Olympiakos, post: 769201, member: 366”]The boys made a play for something on Newstalk they didn’t get it. Now they are slowly picking themselves up. I don’t understand this Oirish infantile trait, laughing at their plight.
At least they tried to better themselves and had the good grace to leave on principle when it didn’t work out.

All the best to them I say.[/quote]

I think people were more laughing at the stupidity of said play. They believed their own hype

[quote=“Special Olympiakos, post: 769201, member: 366”]The boys made a play for something on Newstalk they didn’t get it. Now they are slowly picking themselves up. I don’t understand this Oirish infantile trait, laughing at their plight.

It’s the good grace to leave on principle bit that I think people are laughing at. Their request was a little ridiculous, their reaction to it being denied was childish and costly.

The former Off The Ball team are returning for an Irish Times podcast. Not a result for them as far as I’m concerned, they’ll be doing well to get more than a few thousand listeners.

cheers for the update Sid

Best of luck to them, yes.

But their air of self importance has come full circle and kicked them all in the bollix from behind!

Good interview with Keith Gillespie tonight who came across as a thoroughly alright sort.

Gilroy asked him whether it was true that Fergie had asked him to put on bets when Gillespie was a youngster at Old Trafford.

Gillespie - “yeah, I used to pop down the road and put a few things on for him.”

Gilroy - “was he any good, did he win much?”

Gillespie - “he won a few times. He won more than me anyway” :smiley:

He was later asked if he felt any pressure as a talented young Norn Iron player at United following in the footsteps of Best. “Not really, I just focused on my own game. I probably lived the lifestyle of Best off the pitch alright though.” :clap:

1 Like

What an exclusive that was for me a few posts back :smiley: :pint:

Ken Early was n Vincent Browne last night. The clip of him

How are you, mate? You’ve been quiet the last few days. We’ve all missed you terribly…

I’ve bee focusing on quality (like the post above) over quantity.
Art Fooley rating a few of my posts as dumb has really shook me.

[quote=“The Runt, post: 770400, member: 181”]I’ve bee focusing on quality (like the post above) over quantity.
Art Fooley rating a few of my posts as dumb has really shook me.[/quote]

Go on, admit it. You miss Murph being on Off The Ball.

The first podcast is just about to “drop”.

Looks like this was a major hit…

In what way, havent listened to it yet.

Just seems to have generated a lot of discussion on here

Its top of the Irish iTunes chart I see, for all thats worth.

By the way my sources tell me that they have proper show lined up for September once the GAA season finishes and the EPL is back in full swing.

The podcast is mostly rugby with a bit of Richard Sadlier thrown in at the end. You’ll live if you miss it.

Sadlier nailing his colours to Second Captains has made my mind up for me anyway. Won’t be downloading that.