OTB (Off The Ball)

Joe Brolly on Off The Ball the other night discussing the winning at all costs philosophy that has crept into the GAA.

Daithi Regan coming across as a complete “hurling man” caricature here. Going mental after Parky correctly stated that there was dirt in the 2009 and 2010 All-Ireland finals.

Regan is a loon and there were some tough incidents but wooly was confusing the padraic maher michael rice game for one of the finals

I like Regan, he says funny shit

There was enough dirt in the two finals though - Tyrrell’s two full frontal assaults to the chest on Callanan and Brendan Maher, Benny Dunne’s pull, Tennyson throwing the hurley at Corbett (I don’t see why that shouldn’t be a red).

Tennyson also threw the hurley at Kev’s mate festy in the 09 final

Because its a yellow card offence? Though of course in Cody and Eddie Keher’s colour blind world, the ref would wave advantage to him.

Of you didn’t wave advantage the forward would be well pissed off unless he was knocked out by the hurley

get a real hobby you retard

Tommy Walsh set the hurley throwing in motion in the '09 League Final in Thurles trying to decapitate John O’Brien.

Actually I believe I set the whole hurley throwing trend in motion in an u14 match many years ago when I hooked a player shooting for goal by throwing the hurley at the exact right moment. The ref didn’t react and the goalie cleared the ball. It’s an sublime skill when well executed and something of a lost art in the modern game. However, little did I know the monster I had created.

Never mind your league shit, he fucked a hurl at Gizzy in the 08 Leinster final I think after Gizzy had made a tit of Welsh. Clattered off Gizzys leg.

Was that the incident where Walsh got skinned, fell, and broke the hurl off the players legs as he ran past? Or is it a different incident of Walsh committing grievous bodily harm on the field?

Tommy plays it hard but fair…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YidJwJBCWX0

That was the incident in question

Which one of them threw a hurl at Malachy Travers a couple of years ago in Wexford Park?

Id say Lee Chin gets hurleys thrown at him in Wexford Park…

Nothing like Skippy’s thrown hurley which hooked Damien Hayes lovely when through on goal in the 07 League quarters. Free in. Only a point scored, Wexford went on to win.

[quote=“Pikeman, post: 902668, member: 100”]Nothing like Skippy’s thrown hurley which hooked Damien Hayes lovely when through on goal in the 07 League quarters. Free in. Only a point scored, Wexford went on to win.

http://www.sportsfile.com/winshare/w540/Library/SF318/243549.jpg[/quote]
Copying a skill I perfected at u14 level.

Shit being the operative word, he’s full of it.