OTB (Off The Ball)

the footage doesn`t even show tommy belting lyng.

It never happened

[quote=“Pikeman, post: 902668, member: 100”]Nothing like Skippy’s thrown hurley which hooked Damien Hayes lovely when through on goal in the 07 League quarters. Free in. Only a point scored, Wexford went on to win.

http://www.sportsfile.com/winshare/w540/Library/SF318/243549.jpg[/quote]

But of course that’s alright! If Tommy did it, dirty fucker, Skippy does it, cheeky chappy.

Ffs!

Speaking of Skippy, when it comes to reviewing Shefflin’s career and considering whether he’s the greatest hurler of all time, it needs to be acknowledged that Ruth absolutely owned him in pretty much all their match ups.

Who is declan ruth?

Skippy.

Tha former I/C hurler who got banned for attacking a ref not too long ago

Declan Ruth stole Michael Cleary’s* nickname.

*The former Tipperary hurler, not the priest who had a son with his housekeeper and former Dublin footballer.

[quote=“Sidney, post: 903005, member: 183”]Declan Ruth stole Michael Cleary’s* nickname.

*The former Tipperary hurler, not the priest who had a son with his housekeeper and former Dublin footballer.[/quote]
Yes Declan Ruth was not known as the Singing Priest.

Jesus, I listened to it there last night, he’s not all there oul Daithi, is he?

I’m very impressed by Gizzy Lyng, though I diasgree with him about the Horgan sending off.

Who is gizzy ling? What does he know about hurling?

Doesn’t ring a bell.

Absolute belter of a segment just now on the Wicklow-Laois match in Aughrim in 1986.

Referee Carthage Buckley read out the contents of a death threat letter he says he got a few weeks after the match.

Laois’s Willie Brennan had no sympathy for him and came across as very bitter.

Willie Brennan was fucking blackguarded that day. Surprised he was bothered taking the call. If I remember rightly Gerry Browne got made shite of too. If my memory serves me correctly of the 6 Laois forwards that started that day not one of them finished, 2 stretchered off, 2 sent off and 2 subbed. My outstanding memory was that fucking goat, christ I’ll never forget the fucking thing prancing around the sideline.

Willies son Barry played for Laois in the 00’s and was part of the Leinster winning panel of 03, coming on and kicking one of the 3 points that stretched Laois clear over the shower of Kildare cunts.

Aughrim was a chastening day for a young myboyblue, after the NFL win over Monaghan we believed. But then Aughrim happened. And it was the first of many chastening days as a Laois fan. I won’t be listening to this anyway.

[QUOTE=“The Scouse Cafu, post: 944514, member: 2660”] Carthage Buckley[/QUOTE] :smiley: Could someone please bump the ridiculous names thread

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 944596, member: 180”]Willie Brennan was fucking blackguarded that day. Surprised he was bothered taking the call. If I remember rightly Gerry Browne got made shite of too. If my memory serves me correctly of the 6 Laois forwards that started that day not one of them finished, 2 stretchered off, 2 sent off and 2 subbed. My outstanding memory was that fucking goat, christ I’ll never forget the fucking thing prancing around the sideline.

Willies son Barry played for Laois in the 00’s and was part of the Leinster winning panel of 03, coming on and kicking one of the 3 points that stretched Laois clear over the shower of Kildare cunts.

Aughrim was a chastening day for a young myboyblue, after the NFL win over Monaghan we believed. But then Aughrim happened. And it was the first of many chastening days as a Laois fan. I won’t be listening to this anyway.[/QUOTE]
Laois made utter cunts of themselves that day. Fucking laughing stock was all they were.

You were at it as well Fagan?

He had a sister Phoenicia.

What happened?

I was indeed. Scorching hot day in mid to late June if I remember. I had followed Laois through the latter stages of the league and thought I’d nip down to Aughrim for the day that was in it.