OTB (Off The Ball)

Joe Molloy was really ropey at the start now but has improved hugely. Prefer him to Gilroy, and McDevitt for that matter, I think.

Early is still badly missed though.

JNLR results from May:

‘Off The Ball’ presented by Ger Gilroy, Joe Molloy and team has 49,000 listeners daily, an increase of 8,000 year on year. Off The Ball on Saturday has grown by 30,000 listeners year on year and on Sunday has grown by 51,000 listeners year on year.

That Dave McIntyre lad that is on the weekend version is a pain in the hole

Aye Early is interesting enough when given time to talk about football

Yeah it was great that he was so candid about the medical problems that caused his weight issues and the way he survived the bullies who tormented him about it.

1 Like

ger gilroy is a repulsive looking cunt

2 Likes

Early is the best soccer journalist in Ireland. Good show but they never replaced him.

the bar is extraordinarily low there in fairness

2 Likes

Harsh on Miguel.

1 Like

No rugby so off the ball lead with McGregor. It’s the joe.ie of radio

1 Like

And no mention of Dublin Limerick in the Hurling bit.

2 Likes

TJ got off lightly.

They just said, “Uber cautious” :rollseyes:

That was good of them in fairness

2 Likes

Very decent I thought.

1 Like

An Irishman is a world champion is a globally* recongised sport. They usually leave GAA til after 7.30 or so dont they? Or is it after 8, I cant recall. You expected them not to discuss the crowning glory of a sportsman they have had on the show since he first stepped into the octagon? I suspect you’re just being overly sensitive here.

Besides being a cunt.

1 Like

What ever happened with the big deal about Brian Driscoll joining them as a presenter?
Does he have a slot on it? I’ve never heard him.

‘Presented’ the show with them on a Friday night during rugby season. Basically an hour or so. A glorified contributor really. Used his contacts to get interviews with former team mates or opponent, Jesus some of them were dreadful, the ‘highlight’ being his chat with Brad Thorn. Fucking hell it was dreadful.

1 Like

McGregor’s not a world champion. Let’s nip that in the bud.

1 Like