OTB (Off The Ball)

He is a thick cunt though in fairness

7 Likes

That’s it really.

True enough.

But he wasn’t under the illusion he was meeting a lad in his 20s. He thought he was meeting a girl who has 19.

Not all 15 year old girls look or act like they’re 15.

Not all 19 year old girls look or act like they’re 19.

I’m well aware of that pal…he’s still a horrible cunt though.

No doubt about that but I just don’t see (with the information available) why the family are trying to pin all this on McCarron when their daughter played an active role in the incident, 15 or not some responsibility should be taken for her actions.

Hi nembo bud. Lads have got locked up for that statutory rape and all that. He got off lightly imo. Although not rape, where I would just murder if it was my daughter, the law states he should be locked up. *

Maybe you should sort your daughter out if she was going round on social media trying to tempt adults into unwittingly breaking the law.

1 Like

I think we’re losing perspective here…he’s bringing the GAA into disrepute for financial gain

He’s going against what Irish Republicans believe in…look there’s always one…selling a book though i cant fathom

McCarron is a scumbag who should have served some time inside at this stage and received a few heavy beatings but as Kev said, this is mere pittance compared to some of the things he has done.

He was investigated under this matter, it was accepted that he didn’t genuinely know the girl was underage. The family seem intent to crucify him over this while turning a blind eye to the fact that their daughter not only duped him into believing he was an adult but by the father’s admission was boasting about it to her friends. They need to take some responsibility for her actions, 15 or not - would you agree?

If McCarron knew then he had no defence, but with the information available and looking at it objectively, there is no reason to suggest he did.

Johnson, on the other hand, was well aware of the girl’s age and did what he did anyway.

1 Like

If yerman was not a gaa player he’d be locked up. Where does he hail, affluent / working class?

What?

There was not sufficient evidence to prosecute him, from the information that was available it suggests that the girl duped him into believing she was 19 - there is nothing contrary that has been alleged from either party (to my knowledge) in this regard.

He was not charged because of a lack of evidence, not because he was a GAA payer. He’s a roaster btw.

If they had sexual relations and she was underage he is guilty, by the letter of the law. If it was some lad from southill or darndale he’d have been locked up. That’s all I’m saying bud. He got off. Justice system can be biased.

1 Like

By the letter of the law, he is not guilty if he did not know she was underage.

With the information available, it seems she tricked him into thinking she was 19 years old, of age and there was no evidence to suggest he knew.

If he was guilty he would have been prosecuted.

Sure he was guilty of loads of stuff that he admitted to in the book and he got away with it

He was brought to trial for quite a number of those incidents.

Off the top of my head he ducked a drink dr8ving charge, he stole from his mother, his father, his neighbour, he set up a fake charity and stole from people in his town…wasnt in court for any of these. I wonder would he have been so lucky if he wasnt Tyrone footballer

1 Like

I don’t think he would have but the point you are making is not relevant.

He got off lightly in a number of those situations:

a) Because people didn’t press charges against him due to a variety of factors - family, neighbours, the GAA and the fella who was abusing him online because of a counterclaim
b) He has been brought to court a number of times, pleaded guilty or made a bargain deal those times

In this case, he was reported, investigated and there was not sufficient evidence for the case to go to trial - unless you are accusing the DPP of corruption on this case?

Alright mate, I’m not 100% on the justice system, I thought even if underage, its still ‘Statutory rape’
Along with the lad’s perverted tendencies, ‘sickness’ and general cuntish behaviour, which is well publicized… that would have let the ‘law’ prevail. If he was some dude with a crack problem, he’d be let off as well, I doubt it very much. That’s an extreme example mate, but why not.

There are dozens of reasons the DPP doesn’t take a case. Innocence is only one of those reasons. There are many others.

Have a look at the detail of the Eddie Halvey case. DPP dropped case against him as well. Do you think he is innocent?
Should also give you an idea why the family here might be kicking up such a fuss.

2 Likes