Other World Cup 2022 Qualifiers

Scotland v Wales final be tasty.

1 Like

sorry im busy with semi conductors at the moment but im sure we’ll all agree that this international window has been superb. The drama of these games coupled with the sheer box office nature of spock and the national team turning dead rubbers like Luxembourg into main event type scenarios has been brilliant.
I was very sceptical when UEFA launched this “week of football” carry on for the 2016 Euro qualifiers in September 2014 but in really starting to enjoy these games now , it only tool me 8 years to let go of the Wednesday night qualifier drama altho for Euro 2012 we did have Friday night qualifiers allright

i cant fucking wait for the Nations League draw… cannot fucking wait

now I would say the premise that only top place can qualify has made this extra special…Dela giving us a qualifier spot when coming third in a 5 team group where one of the teams was gibraltar for Euro 2020 was a stretch…and it killed the drama of the occasion

6 Likes

Back to the dullness of club football for 5 months now. The sooner Wenger’s world cup every second year comes in the better

1 Like

I see Peru are currently in play off spot in South America
Good few games to go I think

Be great to see those jerseys back at a World Cup

1 Like

Brazil v Argentina has just kicked off.

1 Like

I would strongly assume the brackets will be drawn on the 26th or 27th or whatever it is when the draw is made.

When Ireland drew Slovakia in the Euro-play-off semi-final it was known from the same time that the winner would play the final away to Bosnia or Northern Ireland.

So, for argument’s sake, a bracket might work out as:
Scotland v Ukraine
Italy v Czech Republic

Winners of Scotland v Ukraine at home in the final.

Wikipedia says the following:

Following the completion of the UEFA First Round, the twelve teams that advanced to the play-offs will be drawn into three paths of four teams on 26 November 2021, 17:00 CET, in Zürich, Switzerland.[6][7][2][8] The following procedure will be applied in the draw:[3]

• The six seeded teams will be allocated to semi-finals 1 to 6 as the host team in the order drawn.
  • The six unseeded teams will be allocated to semi-finals 1 to 6 as the away team in the order drawn.
  • Play-off Path A is formed by semi-finals 1 and 2, with the winners of both semi-finals advancing to final A.
  • Play-off Path B is formed by semi-finals 3 and 4, with the winners of both semi-finals advancing to final B.
  • Play-off Path C is formed by semi-finals 5 and 6, with the winners of both semi-finals advancing to final C.
  • The semi-final winners that will host play-off finals A, B and C will be decided by a draw.

For political reasons, matches between Russia and Ukraine[9] are considered prohibited clashes, unable to be drawn into the same play-off path. Armenia / Azerbaijan, Gibraltar / Spain, Kosovo / Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo / Serbia and Kosovo / Russia were also identified as prohibited clashes, but one or neither of the teams advanced to the play-offs.

They met in the final round of qualifiers for the 1978 and 1986 World Cup. A Wales home win on both occasions would have seen them qualify at the expense of Scotland, but Scotland got the result to qualify both times. The draw at Ninian Park in 1985 only remembered now really for the tragedy of the fatal heart attack suffered by Jock Stein at the final whistle.

Wales pulled an FAI in 1977 and moved their home match against Scotland to Anfield, which was filled with drunken Scotch hordes. That may have influenced the referee to give Scotland a penalty when Joe Jordan handled the ball. Kenny Dalglish followed that up with a salmon leap of a header some way above his home ground.

Argentina - Brazil here on IPTV is worth the few bob all the same.

Canada 2-0 over Mexico in the Iceteca in Edmonton.

Mad scenes in the snow in Edmonton, 2-1 Canada.

Canada are top of the table :scream:

Bit to yet though, only 8 matches played.

1 Like

@maroonandwhite , proud of our boys

1 Like

Bringing the Mexicans to Edmonton :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

I am in for those Canuks. I looked up who that number 13 is. Made his debut for Canada 18 years ago. World Cup’s are all about stories like his…

Any man would fracture a hip carrying around that size of a cock

1 Like

Another no show from Messi last night in a big game. His teammates dragged him through, so now, one more chance to win the only one that matters.

Gwan the Icetaca