Other World Cup 2022 Qualifiers

Mo v Sadio tonight

The good news is that away goals count DOUBLE in the African play-offs.

Based on this I speculate that most of the first legs will finish 0-0 and that at least three of he ties will be decided by sucker punch away goals in the second legs.

DR Congo and Morocco have already finished 1-1 which is very high scoring for African football.

I’ve watched most of Cameroon v Algeria this evening.
Very poor game. Looking like a valuable away win for Algeria.

Too-neezha leading 1-0 away to Mali late in the first half.

What channel?

Egypt have taken an early lead. Salah’s shot hit the bar and bounced back into the net off a defender.

I think ESPN but can’t be sure. Streamed in some fashion.

Espn #17

The second legs of the two big African qualifiers are underway since 6pm and both are on FIFA TV on YouTube.

Early goals in both matches.

Senegal 1-0 Egypt (aggregate 1-1)
Nigeria 0-1 Ghana (aggregate 0-1)

Nigeria laying siege to the Ghanaian goal.

Big VAR check here for a possible Nigeria penalty.

Not for me, Geoff.

It’s given.

Nigeria score the penalty. But Ghana still lead the tie based on the away goal counting DOUBLE.

Very long VAR check there to eventually give what should have been a straightforward offside decision to rule out a Nigerian goal. Remains 1-1. But I get the feeling this officiating team are homers.

Egypt are knocking on the door for a sucker punch.

What a chance for Senegal. Gilt edged. Wide.

Partey time for Ghana. They are off to Qatar. Poor second half effort by Nigeria. They never looked like scoring.

Senegal and Egypt are into extra-time. Senegal have just missed another gilt edged chance. Senegal are the better team but you get the feeling Egypt will win this on penalties.

Macedonia won’t be too upset with how this is going.

Egypt are hanging on for grim death. Senegal cannot put the ball in the net. And all those lasers are not helping.

Macedonia will now be upset. A headbanger of a cross field pass from the Macedonian right back played was intercepted by Bruno who tucked it home

No no no

Lasers swarming all over the Egyptian goalkeeper like mosquitoes.