Other World Cup 2022 Qualifiers

In fairness that’s as good a finish as you’ll ever see.

There won’t be a cow milked in Porto tonight.

That lad has been managing Portugal for 30 years I’d say

Great to see Egypt out. Awful side.

He has failure etched into his face. It’s amazing they ever won anything

He has that permanent fixture of a man who thought of the immersion just as the team were taking the field….

3 Likes

Var could be a week checking these

Portugal through, Poland will join shortly

Congratulations @balbec. A great night for one half of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.

Algeria v Cameroon looks the game to watch now. The Indomitable Lions have hit back and have levelled the tie after losing the first leg at home 1-0.

51 minutes gone.

1 Like

We did it bud.

1 Like

Nice to see a homegrown legend in Aliou Cissé leading Senegal to the finals.

I’m sure Queiroz will have his eye on whatever managerial job at a qualified team pops up around the world between now and the finals. There’s always one. Bora Milutinovic was a master of doing this.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Queiroz pitching up in Panama or Peru or New Zealand and wiping the eye of the previous coach.

United should snap him up

1 Like

Queiroz and Roy Keane should set aside their differences and tide them over until Wazza is ready.

2 Likes

And Paulo Sousa can go fuck himself

Big controversy here as Algeria have a goal ruled out after a lengthy VAR check.

Into extra time now, 101 minutes gone.

Looks like we are shortly to get our third ever team to qualify for a World Cup on a penalty shoot out.

No we are not!

Algeria have scored!

OMFG. Cameroon have won it.

Absolutely insane scenes. The Algerian manager is on his knees in tears. They switched off and allowed a criminal amount of space for the knock down which was finished into the net.

I was in Paris the night Algeria qualified for 2010, the same night of the Henry handball. Every Algerian in Paris was out that night honking the horn of a car or a motorbike. You got the feeling it was just as well they had qualified, they took it very seriously.

The away goals rule is one of the greatest rules in sport. The drama, oh the drama.

A mighty night for Omar-Biyik, Kana-Biyik and that rascal Roger Milla.
The competition will be the better for the presence of Cameroon.

1 Like