Outstanding headlines

Sign on you crazy Diamond: Barclays chief resigns

I got a laugh out of it anyways

Head of the CIA has resigned after his extra-marital affair with his biographer was revealed:

http://politicalwire.com/images/front111012.jpg

“Fitton tears down Bunting at Frimley Green”

RTE does it again with this witty beauty.

‘Wolfie’ rocked by Jimmy Hendriks experience

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/international/2013/0320/377622-walters-frank-on-importance-of-upcoming-games/

[SIZE=6]Walters frank on importance of upcoming games for the Republic of Ireland[/SIZE]

A fantastic and subtle nod to the Cork indie legends there from RTE.

[SIZE=4]Tampon tax a “bloody outrage”[/SIZE]

A Perth university student’s pun-ridden online petition against tax on tampons has attracted almost 40,000 supporters.

Sophie Liley from the Women’s Department of the University of Western Australia’s student guild created the petition earlier this month.

Other essential items and services, such as basic food, water, education, child care and health are exempt from GST, but tampons and sanitary pads attract the 10 per cent charge as part of the goods and services tax, introduced in 2000.

[quote=“carryharry, post: 750453, member: 1517”][SIZE=4]Tampon tax a “bloody outrage”[/SIZE]

A Perth university student’s pun-ridden online petition against tax on tampons has attracted almost 40,000 supporters.

Sophie Liley from the Women’s Department of the University of Western Australia’s student guild created the petition earlier this month.

Other essential items and services, such as basic food, water, education, child care and health are exempt from GST, but tampons and sanitary pads attract the 10 per cent charge as part of the goods and services tax, introduced in 2000.[/quote]

Super calley go ballistic celtic are atrocious must be the greatest of asl time after inverness beat them years ago.

Thomas Davis - Fuck off and die is my favourite TIFO

My favourite was a headline in the New York Daily News about baseballer Daryl Strawberry

Straw - I’m no Dog.

From today’s sports section in the Examiner.

[SIZE=4][FONT=Lucida Bright][SIZE=18px]Sammon starter on the menu[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]

An old one.

More Feakle Matter. Kilkenny Voice commenting on Ger Loughnane giving out about Kilkenny.

[SIZE=6]Kerry on regardless[/SIZE]

EX-GAA ace Darragh O Se walked away from a drink-drive rap yesterday — to the bafflement of the case’s judge.

The Kerry football legend, 37, was due to answer claims that he had been boozed up behind the wheel after attending a match at Croker last month.

It was also alleged he was driving dangerously — and without a licence or insurance — when cops pulled him over on the N7, near Kill, Co Kildare on February 3.

But former All Star O Se, who won six All- Ireland’s during his 15-year county career, failed to show when the case was called at Naas District Court.

Instruction And Judge Desmond Zaidan was later told that the charges were to be withdrawn because of “procedural difficulties”.

Gda Supt Patrick Mangan revealed how the DPP had issued the instruction in the light of new legislation concerning first-time offenders.

He added that O Se — a nephew of Kingdom icon Paidi, who died last year — had also since produced his licence and insurance details to gardai.

The explanation left Judge Zaidan scratching his head.

He remarked: “That’s two charges. What about the drink driving and dangerous driving charges?

“These are serious allegations. I just don’t understand it.

“I don’t know what these procedural difficulties are.”

The judge also asked why O Se hadn’t made the journey to court from his home in Tralee.

Solicitor Conal Boyce revealed he had advised his client not to attend, knowing the charges would be withdrawn.

He added: “There was no suggestion of any disrespect”.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 753033, member: 180”][SIZE=6]Kerry on regardless[/SIZE]

EX-GAA ace Darragh O Se walked away from a drink-drive rap yesterday — to the bafflement of the case’s judge.

The Kerry football legend, 37, was due to answer claims that he had been boozed up behind the wheel after attending a match at Croker last month.

It was also alleged he was driving dangerously — and without a licence or insurance — when cops pulled him over on the N7, near Kill, Co Kildare on February 3.

But former All Star O Se, who won six All- Ireland’s during his 15-year county career, failed to show when the case was called at Naas District Court.

Instruction And Judge Desmond Zaidan was later told that the charges were to be withdrawn because of “procedural difficulties”.

Gda Supt Patrick Mangan revealed how the DPP had issued the instruction in the light of new legislation concerning first-time offenders.

He added that O Se — a nephew of Kingdom icon Paidi, who died last year — had also since produced his licence and insurance details to gardai.

The explanation left Judge Zaidan scratching his head.

He remarked: “That’s two charges. What about the drink driving and dangerous driving charges?

“These are serious allegations. I just don’t understand it.

“I don’t know what these procedural difficulties are.”

The judge also asked why O Se hadn’t made the journey to court from his home in Tralee.

Solicitor Conal Boyce revealed he had advised his client not to attend, knowing the charges would be withdrawn.

He added: “There was no suggestion of any disrespect”.[/quote]

Yearra…

A colour piece from Broadsheet but very good all the same. http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/04/18/the-new-tree-series/

[SIZE=6][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=30px]Coach sacked for allegedly stealing player’s credit card — to buy Jägermeister[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=16px]A CROATIAN FOOTBALL coach has reportedly been sacked — for stealing a player’s credit card to buy 36 bottles of Jägermeister.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=16px][FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit]Croatian news site[/FONT][FONT=inherit] [/FONT][I][FONT=inherit]Jutarnji[/FONT][/I][/FONT] reports that Josip Gaspar was sacked by First Division club Precko after the incident came to light.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=16px]The 40-year-old is alleged to have taken the credit card from a dressing room before racking up a bill of over €500 on the beloved German liqueur.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=16px]Unfortunately for Gaspar, who played for Dinamo Zagreb and was capped once by the Croatian national team, he was easily identifiable on CCTV footage and later apprehended by police.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=16px]http://thescore.thejournal.ie/croatian-club-sack-boss-for-allegedly-stealing-credit-card-to-buy-36-litres-of-jagermeister-874162-Apr2013/[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote=“croppy_boy, post: 761011, member: 306”][SIZE=6][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=30px]Coach sacked for allegedly stealing player’s credit card — to buy Jägermeister[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=16px]A CROATIAN FOOTBALL coach has reportedly been sacked — for stealing a player’s credit card to buy 36 bottles of Jägermeister.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=16px][FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit]Croatian news site[/FONT][I][FONT=inherit]Jutarnji[/FONT][/I][/FONT] reports that Josip Gaspar was sacked by First Division club Precko after the incident came to light.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=16px]The 40-year-old is alleged to have taken the credit card from a dressing room before racking up a bill of over €500 on the beloved German liqueur.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=16px]Unfortunately for Gaspar, who played for Dinamo Zagreb and was capped once by the Croatian national team, he was easily identifiable on CCTV footage and later apprehended by police.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=16px]http://thescore.thejournal.ie/croatian-club-sack-boss-for-allegedly-stealing-credit-card-to-buy-36-litres-of-jagermeister-874162-Apr2013/[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
More a weird news story than outstanding headline.

[SIZE=6][FONT=georgia]PFA defends Luis Suárez’s place on Player of the Year shortlist[/FONT][/SIZE]

In today’s Guardian-Gordon Taylor defending the nomination of Luis Suarez, who was the best player in the league this year, for Player of the Year.

I don’t think people are understanding the purpose of this thread.

It is an outstanding headline that jumps out at you as soon as you go to the Guardian’s sports section-not like croppy boy’s retarded Jagermeister headline.