Paddy Jackson & Stuart Olding -treat women poorly

It is the same old ecosystem of Gawker Media. Standards and Deadspin don’t go together.

The story of how two of Ireland’s best young rugby players were accused of rape can be told through the texts of the parties involved,

This ‘Odran’ chap is of the new breed of social media reliant journalists. Young lads with big mouths on them writing populist shit in search of likes.

7 Likes

The wee would-be lesbian couldn’t even spell GAA. I’ve just extradited him from South Derry.

1 Like

@Big_Dan_Campbell has come out of this looking very bad.

@Big_Dan_Campbell and Odran Waldron have the chaps here hopping like sausages in a frying pan.

1 Like

What do you think of the article Sydney?

Sydney is a noun, not an article, mate.

That’s a shocking lack of understanding of grammar on your part.

Sydney is also a prick

It’s a city, mate.

Ok. What do you think of the article?

I think I may have mentioned it before but GGA folk will always be deferential to their perceived betters which are into rogbee

The bit in the article about the schools is very telling

1 Like

I see the permanently outraged feminazi snowflake lefty headbangers are attacking Willie John Mc Bride now.

for being a brit pig?

The lads will be lining up for a huge case against Ulster Rugby/ the IRFU is they don’t get reinstated. Get a few million off the IRFU, head to England, perhaps end up on big bucks in France. It mightn’t all turn out so bad for them, financially.

"Rugby is a middle class sport anywhere it’s played—predominantly former British colonies, alongside France, Italy and Argentina—and rugby players are afforded a god-like status anywhere in Ireland because it is the team sport the country has proven to be most consistently good at. In Ulster, rugby sits at an uncomfortable intersection of class and sectarianism. The accuser’s trepidation about taking on Ulster Rugby was validated when her underwear was exhibited to the court and she was portrayed as a silly little girl who regretted a consensual encounter. This anxiety was rooted in the knowledge that the majority of Ulster Rugby’s fanbase is the kind of people the state of Northern Ireland was created to protect: white, middle-class, Protestant males like the four defendants.

In the Republic of Ireland, elite rugby players are typically alumni of elite private schools in south Dublin or Cork. In the north, they are usually products of elite grammar schools, which are not fee-paying, but are selective. Of the 36 players selected for the Irish squad against England, only nine did not attend a private or grammar school, and three of those are naturalized citizens not born or raised in Ireland. Jackson and McIlroy attended Methodist College Belfast, the record winner of the Ulster Schools Cup, where they won two cups. Olding attended the equally prestigious Belfast Royal Academy, Belfast’s oldest school."

Top-class journalism here, this lad could be a future Pulitzer winner.

It is surely in the interest of every decent-thinking person that Americans are told that NI was created to protect the interests of middle-class Protestants. Who could disagree with him?

nobody

It was but we are trying to move beyond that now.

If I can climb on board the Rugby + McIIroy supporters bus, then surely we can all come together to make a great, equal, country for each community?

There’s the kiss of death for @Big_Dan_Campbell right there

1 Like

Golddiggers

Sizzle, sizzle.