Padraig Harrington

Well? http://www.thefreekick.com/board/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

Me too, hate agreeing with you - ya cooont. Mickelson didn’t win one for years. Reckon he’ll do it sooner or later, coz he seems to be the persistent type.

Choker. He won the Order of Merit because the others fell away - it’s a lot different to winning touranments outright.

This is an interesting one.

Harrington wouldn’t be the most naturally gifted of players - along with Singh he’s known on Tour as being the hardest worker, literally spending hours on the range. This leads me to believe that he really is maximising his ability. As he said himself he would have settled for a journeyman career on Tour when he first got his card.

As to whether he can go on and win a major, well I don’t think he will. He’s shown on more than one occasion quite a brittle temperament when contesting these - US Open this year (bogeying the last 3 holes), British Open a few years back (bogeying the last to miss a play-off) and probably a few others I can’t recall. His play last weekend in the last round on the back 9 was impressive but there’s a world of difference between the Volvo Masters and a major.

Winning the Order of Merit is an achievement to be proud of but still the fact remains he only won one title this year and added to his clutch of 2nd place finishes like on last Sunday. Casey, Howell and others won more titles but Harrington headed the money list by virtue of being more consistent. You could say that his nearly man status in a way actually helped him to win the Order of Merit with all his top tens accumulating up over the year.

So to conclude I’d say doing well to be operating at his current level but can never see him going on to win a major like you could see some of the younger Europeans like Casey, Stenson, Donald et al maybe doing in the future.

I wish the squeaky voiced fooker well though his wife is one of those well annoying sportman’s wives and she’s quite a munter.

Don’t give a shite. What a fookin annoyin accent though, shut the fook up.

I see Harrington bottled it again this weekend.

Round 1: 8 under and three shots clear
Round 2: 11 under and tied for the lead.
Round 3: 12 under and one off the lead.
Round 4: 10 under and finishes tied 7th.

He’ll fook up in the majors over the summer and then win some random tournament in October and everyone will say, ‘fook next year could be Harrington’s best chance to win a major’ and then he’ll go and do the same and it will repeat to fade.

Same old story from him. One of my least favourite Irish sportsmen.

Pretty much the same post as the one quoted above.

I see Harrington bottled it again this weekend.

Round 1: 6 under and leading.
Round 2: back to 3 under and back in the pack.
Round 3: back to 4 over and a complete also ran.
Round 4: will be tonight.

He’ll fook up in the majors over the summer and then win some random tournament in October and everyone will say, ‘fook next year could be Harrington’s best chance to win a major’ and then he’ll go and do the same and it will repeat to fade.

Even after the Masters last month where he collapsed for the first 12 holes of the final round and then picked up a few shots at the end when to pressure was off he told us his performance showed him he has the game to win a major. The fact he has no apparent mental strength would suggest otherwise.

Round 4: Harrington finished with a battling 69 ‘that showed his ability to bounce back from adversity’. No, he choked when the heat was on and then had a decent round when it was too late. This lad cracks me up.

Oh Captain my Captain.

this is his destiny. An away Ryder Cup. The American’s coming off the back of a hiding. I hope he does it. A thoroughly likeable sort

First thing he needs to do is tell McIlpube not to bother showing up.

@Bandage left with some awful egg on his face here

Not so my friend, @Bandage had shown his maturity and ability to pivot and grow as far back as 2008. You don’t get to be an internet behemoth like Bandage without having the ability to learn and develop oneself. A few on here could do with learning from the great one.

1 Like

McIlbpube is close to a meltdown. There’s only so many times you can lie to yourself before the truth hits home. He was on again the weekend saying he’s close and he’s playing well after fucking up another final round.

You could have set up a new thread to spare my blushes.

Time for admins to get tough here.

As you’ll see, this thread celebrates your ability to grow. Embrace it.

*In truth I meant to bump the other thread. You need to give me admin powers so I could have rectified my own mistake.

I can’t stand the fucker. His whiney droning corporatespeak. I’d put him on a par with bressie.
PS, that’s Harrington, not @Bandage

Ah here, it wasn’t that good. I’ll take it though.