Paris Olympics 2024

All the knowledge you have and you’ve never heard of Gary O Toole??

2 Likes

I wasn’t even born at the time of the 92’ Olympics.

1 Like

I’d say Gary o Toole is one of Irelands greatest ever people. He’s a living legend and more importantly a gentleman.

2 Likes

He’s a big Liverpool too @Aertel220

1 Like

He’s been on RTÉs Olympics coverage for nearly 20 years not to mention the swimming scandal and podcast

There’s people here who want to discuss the sport. In the same way we all discuss Horse Racing during Cheltenham when juiced up animals run around the track that many of us (myself included) enjoy. Noone clogs up those threads during those times with inane shite crying for attention.

Grow up a bit and take your shite to the Drugs in Sport thread rather than annoying people who want to have a genuine discussion. You’ve got the attention you wanted. Now fuck off.

13 Likes

Is 15 v 15 rubby an olympic sport now? I thought it was just sevens. Do they have any rules on who can play like you can only have x amount of a certain age? … Numbers in rubby probably don’t allow that

You must have played soggy biscuit with 3 of your teammates in the 2 hours before kickoff

1 Like

It’s only 7s I thought

I was flicking through team Ireland on the rte website and low and behold a rake of rubby boys are included… Murray, Sexton and a rake of other established perverts

I’d say you’ve read the wrong article there somehow bud

https://twitter.com/DaleJohnsonESPN/status/1816159374328369221?t=est_xFWKadZk8G4KL4BtXw&s=19

Must have been an rte glitch as i saw this afternoon

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned already cos I skimmed over a load of posts but the official Olympics app is excellent for keeping track of what’s on when and following specific countries or events.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/honestsport_ew/status/1816172748667765211?s=46

Are you suggesting we download it? But isn’t that what you’re for?

1 Like

I’ll do my best bro, but when I inevitably miss something you have a back up

Is there an app/webpage etc … to tell you what sport is live right now at any time of the day?

With an appropriate sized font :pray:

1 Like

The official app seems to do all that, but it’ll get messy when the real stuff begins

1 Like