Paris Olympics 2024

T minus 90 minutes until the Olympic ā€œteam of usā€starts their Rugby 7s Olympic journey.

1 Like

Kenya play rugby?!!

1 Like

And some of the cleanest athletes competing I reckon.

I think you can consider your point regarding doping in the Olympics made mate

What surprised me is the amount of lads denying it on here or just trying to push it to one side.

That tells me itā€™ll only get worse which is sad.

Be some laugh if Osborne takes Keenanā€™s spot on the Irish team at 15. He looked excellent there against SA and he is the more skilled player.

Just put him on ignore

1 Like

Athletics: Westside Shopping Centre
Swimming: The Cranny Pool
Rowing: Dangan
Equestrian: Ballybrit
Sailing: weā€™re grand for that, we have water and lots of wind
Tennis: Galway Lawn Tennis Club
Gymnastics: The Black Box Theatre
Shooting: Limerick
Golf: Liam Mellows pitch and putt course
Table tennis: Eglinton Snooker Club
Basketball: Corrib Village
Hockey: Dangan
Archery: the green in UCG
Track cycling: eh weā€™ll get back to ya on that one
Fencing: LiosbƔn Industrial Estate
Beach Volleyball: Salthill
Canoeing: The Corrib at high tide only
Diving: Blackrock
Surfing: Lahinch
Rock Climbing: The Cliffs Of Moher (the cliffs out at Silver Strand are made of sand and fenced off to the public because theyā€™re constantly collapsing)
Modern Pentathlon: Delphi Adventure Centre
Weightlifting; Corbettcourt
Wrestling: The Spanish Arch
Volleyball: Eyre Square
Handball: the alleys in St. Endaā€™s school up at the top of Threadneedle Road
Bumper cars: Leisureland
50km walk: up and down the prom - competitors have to kick the wall at the end of each up and down
Boxing: Outside Supermacs in Eyre Square at 2am

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/thenewgenatp/status/1816099441184571679?t=1lqNiBJ2d5gEL0mF7IOcxw&s=19

Vamos Carlos

7 Likes

What a man

Argentina have mugged Morocco off. Right off

He cries like a little bitch and throws his toys out of the pram then when people go after him for being a complete annoyance. Youā€™d think heā€™d have learned by now.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/nickjmbutler/status/1816062765192102384?s=46

I must unmute the horsey threads

I think you have a very definite point in doping in the Olympics. No doubt itā€™s a huge issue which is brushed under the carpet a bit. It should definitely be a discussion in a separate thread though bar the odd comment if someone is caught or there is a particularly obvious case of a convicted doper winning or something

1 Like

I donā€™t really understand why lads are so desperate for this issue not to be covered on here?

Thereā€™s the same cohort of lads who lose their minds when itā€™s mentioned.

The Olympics are absolutely rotten and it should be the only thing covered on here.

I donā€™t know how anybody can call for more coverage and what not when itā€™s this bad.

We should probably be boycotting them.

Itā€™s perplexing to say the least though the way fellas on here seem so defensive about it.

The son of a Callan man on the squad.
Meself, @Locke , @eoghanruadha and lapsed poster @Ron_Jones would have hurled a bit with the father back in the day when we were coming up and he was in the veteran stage.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never heard of him. GrĆ”inne Murphy probably the most recent Irish swimmer Iā€™d have been aware of.