Paris Olympics 2024

Leon Marchand follows Mark Spitz, Michael Phelps and wins 4 individual gold medals in a single Olympics.

Allez Allez

1 Like

That was destruction by Marchand. He becomes the third man to win four individual gold medals at an Olympics.

Iā€™d say youā€™re one of these people who were sharing that video that claims Josh Shapiro speaks exactly like Barack Obama.

The nuances of voices are lost on yis.

Nick Oā€™Hare has a BIG RACE VOICE. Andrew Bree does too. They speak like Irish Aussies, a simultaneously delightfully laid back yet confidently attacking way of speaking. The Aussie accent is made for great commentary but most Irish speak in a very different way.

I didnā€™t mean my original remark in a disparaging way

Of courssse not. You didnā€™t offend me mate.

I think thatā€™s the first time Darragh Maloney has been doing the presenting for the swimming, and it suits him.

https://twitter.com/KillianM2/status/1815765708737003649

Had to nip out quickly there in the car. Poor old George Hamilton has been put out to pasture. Heā€™s on Lyric FM.

1 Like

Here we go with the menā€™s 10,000. Barega to win it for Ethiopia and retain his title, I reckon.

1 Like

David Coleman will be turning in his grave. The final of the menā€™s 10,000 metres and the National Broadcaster have BMX racing on.

1 Like

13:25 5km pace in the 10km. Its spread out the field. 16 laps to go.

Barega looks to be in trouble. This is a blistering pace.

2 Likes

Spread out all over the place

They are on course to SMASH the Olympic Record.

Ellen Walshe is up against some set of titans here. Sheā€™s the outside smoker in the second 200 IM semi-final. Israeli swimmer in the next to lane to her being booed on the introductions.

Bernard Kibet handily placed.

Itā€™s slowed down now. What a race

The change in tempo is punishing.

4 to go

Walshe finishes 7th in a race won by Walsh.

Cheptegei looks well placed. 800m to go.

1 Like

The Canadian is annoying the Ethiopia lads

Cheptegei has gone very very early.