Paris Olympics 2024

@Mac bad day at the office

Bar Andrew Coscorans bizarre run Iā€™d say it went exactly as it was expected to. None of the other 1500m runners were expected to semi. Jodie McCanns PB is a minute slower than most of the field. And as I said to @balbec, making a mixed final without Rhasidat was going to be an amazing result.

Weā€™ll do well to win a single Athletics medal Iā€™d say. Rhasidat will be top 5. Healy and Mageean making the 1500m final would be a great achievement. Outside of that, most others wonā€™t be near a final.

3 Likes

Olympic Track medals are special medals.

Weā€™ve only won 4 I think in a hundred years.

1 Like

Kate Oā€™Connor is the other who could spring a surprise. Not a medal shot but one who could give us something to shout about.

Tisdall
Delaney
Treacy
Sonia

Thatā€™s it isnā€™t it?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s it.

Wouldnā€™t Treacys even be a ā€˜trackā€™?

He crossed the line on the track :grimacing:

Robbie the racist also has a medal too but Iā€™m not sure if that counts as track

Ah yeah, and I wouldnā€™t dispute it but more pointing out it could easily be seen as 3 given the uniqueness of the marathon.

What weā€™re saying is, track gold medals are rare on this island and casual 4 yearly watchers shouldnā€™t be losing the run of themselves

2 Likes

It certainly doesnā€™t

Arguably not track alright.

50m freestyle now

Will be a grim watch given weā€™ve been spoilt by overachieving rowers and swimmers.

Mcevoy wins 50m freestyle. Its some spectacle

I fucking love that event. Some power.

2 Likes

As you said above if we got into three finals it would be great and a medal for Rhasidat would be amazing.

1 Like

Marchand up again chasing 4th gold medal

The U Arena is lifting.

Yer man Oā€™Hare talks like the Apres Match version of TV3ā€™s Trevor Walsh

1 Like