Paris Olympics 2024

Congratulations to all at Regent House School, Newtownards as well. Fellow old boy Jim Allister will be chuffed to bits with that.

2 Likes

3 Golds.

By God.

Did they play U2 and Dropkick Murphy’s after the medals ?

We’re absolutely flying it this time around

1 Like

We could have two more by end of play tomorrow.

They did. I presume the American was Boston

Was in the car for a lot of the cycling and poor Des was nearly creaming himself with our lads antics in the breakaway group. He was completely flustered as to whether he should give minute by minute updates for the last 45km or not.

And then every time they tried to talk about gymnastics he completely lost himself in excitement. They cut to a preview of the women’s FAI cup tomorrow to give him a few minutes to settle down. Twas great radio.

6 Likes

We could. Could.

Wiffen and ??

That was magnificent and really uplifting. There is something very endearing about Rhys and his success.

I managed to watch it in a bar in Siem Reap with some irish tourists. The owner kindly kept it open for us. :shamrock:

25 Likes

Are you willing to retract your comments about Nordies being viewed negatively now??

Did they play botats national anthems for the Kazakhstan fella

His parents interview was special.

Kvelling

Bursting with pride about the achievement of someone you love

The K is silent.

1 Like

Rhys is a fantastic interview

1 Like

Dogs’ are delicious? What are we on about?

Des is a national treasure. If there was an Olympic Gold medal for “Would you want this man as your father in law?”, he would win.

The wheels came off Hur’s chariot. His horse bolted.

Rors

3 golds, a silver and a bronze for County Down so far in the games! And some of the most charming personalities as well. What a spot! A great, great day for Ireland too.

4 Likes

No I need a chip on my shoulder to maintain an affinity with my northern compatriots. We thrive on that.

1 Like