Paris Olympics 2024

We nearly had a fourth round there if Kellie kept at poor Fereira

1 Like

Harrington has improved since 2021. She’s been imperious in this competition.

I recall a Late Late Show a number of months back with Daniel Wiffen, Kellie Harrington and Rhys McClenaghan.

One more Kellie.

4 Likes

That was a brilliant performance by Harrington, she was outstanding in the last round.

10 Likes

Fair play to kellie. Ferreira threw some good punches and is a tough looking cookie

Some performance. She’s a classy fighter.

The media love her again. A great redemption arc.

2 Likes

Great girl, I’d say she’d a rough year.

1 Like

I’m bawling after that

Roland Gar Ross

Says Darragh

Kellie Roland

The final is in Roland Garros!

Bizarre.

You’d expect the final to be a baseline slugfest. Let’s hope she doesn’t have feet of clay on Tuesday.

:clap:

And most of them from his own county

1 Like

'Hon to fuck Kellie, what a fuckin day :clap:

3 Likes

This is Olympics country

1 Like

Ledecky v Titmus here in the 800 metres freestyle. Clash of the titans.

Lani Pallister of Australia in contention for a medal. She’s the niece of former Manchester United player Gary Pallister.

1 Like

I listened to the Pommel Horse on the radio as well. It was fucking terrible/fantastic radio.

Des would cut to the commentary team from RTE who weren’t commentating for radio so we got fuck all explanation bar oohs and ahs. Then instead of waiting for the fucking expert to tell us whether the person was any good or not it would go back to Des in the studio who, understandably, hadn’t a fucking breeze whether it was good or not so decided the only way to tell was how happy the performer looked after the routine.
There was then a two minute wait after each one for the scores where Des would be like. I don’t think he’s happy. That’s a good sign or when the yank went Des was worried because he looked very happy.
Then he started talking over the lads commentating to explain what was happening to anyone new who had joined. Explained it terribly then cut back to the lads mid comment about something or other which made no sense as you hadn’t heard the start of the conversation.

It was strangely compelling radio even though it was awful stuff.

Des cut in at one stage to say he didn’t think the UK fella who had scored less than the first fella could win it now, by his calculations.

It was a beautiful car crash

28 Likes

I wonder why are they changing venues, is it to get more people in to watch the finals?

It was fabulous radio

Track and field tomorrow

Full schedule

Women’s 3000m Steeplechase

Round 1

Tomorrow, 09:05

Women’s Hammer Throw

Qualification

Tomorrow, 09:20

Women’s 200m

Round 1

Tomorrow, 09:55