Paris Olympics 2024

New track at Kilbogget Park :clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

This golf should surely be teams or something.

Make it some way interesting

6 Likes

I know a sister of Sarah Keane quite well from UCD days and have met Sarah on a few occasions over the years as well.Two sound women and very astute operators. Both represented Ireland in swimming and water polo.

If memory serves me correct, they are of Tipperary stock. Both parents were doctors and I think hailed from the Premier County. cc @peddlerscross

5 Likes

Rory needs to get the finger out here. Not having a meltdown but he’s after leaving at least 3 birdies after him

A nawful lot of the ultra high end competitors are training overseas. I think that may be a major difference. Access to elite training environments instead of laps of tonabrockey hill or leisureland.

2 Likes

Alcaraz v Djokovic getting underway in the tennis final.

Celebrity tourists

Tennis and golf for starters should never have been included and should be axed.

8 Likes

Snigger

Ideally it would be a different, better sport. I could see it being interesting then

Rugby

I’d fuck out horsey horse too

1 Like

Bonjour Mon Amis

29 Likes

Enjoy!

Bucket list :heavy_check_mark:

Golf yes, but tennis is fine.

1 Like

It’s unreal. We’re staying around Montmatre so went for a run around this morning to take in the sights. Half the city is shut down and inaccessible. Security and armed police everywhere. Didn’t realize the cycle is on our doorstep for 3 laps in the last 50km. People out taking up viewing spots since 11am and it won’t go past them till at least 4.30pm!

1 Like

I was in London from the last Thursday lunchtime - which was the day of Katie Taylor’s final - until the end of the thing. The buzz in the city was incredible. The Irish owned the place. I was at the 50km walk where Heffernan finished fourth where he much later was upgraded to bronze medal. It was bloody amazing.

But Paris is a far, far more exciting city than London. Paris is the greatest city on earth. Scour the ticket website and attend anything you can find and get to any free outdoor event you can.

Enjoy.

3 Likes

It’s not going Slovenia’s way in the olympic handball here

Mes

1 Like

Incredible archery final in Eurosport

Gone to sudden death

Both archers had a perfect set in the last

It’s a single arrow, will be closest to the centre

1 Like

If you’ve got Sky, Discovery+ is free and they have all the live Olympics on. Every event covered I think (e.g. gold, artistic gymnastics, etc. all available now).