Paris Olympics 2024

Cant argue with that. Both were high drama events with many plot turns and great story lines. I think the players would value the golf more as an individual accolade and medal chance. Maybe in a match play format as opposed to stroke play would enhance it a bit.

Theyā€™ve the neighbourhood terrorisedā€¦ I was the only one to follow, catch and give a kicking to one of them.

Ah the lads are far too fucking cocky here. Easy know they never played gaa.
Earl is a fantastic name though. Imagine calling your child earl in Ireland in the 60s or 70s

1 Like

Trevor Brennan has a brother named Earl.

Fabulous name

1 Like

Wiffin is off

The lads in studio predicting a WR

Heā€™ll get 4th place so

Seems a given but youā€™d always be wary

Finke trying to rattle him

I think Iā€™ll watch this on BBC 1 to get their view

Finke has a solid lead

Iā€™m on Eurosport. When the lads started shiteing on about him not seeing other competitors I signed out

2 Likes

Heā€™s defending champion. BBC say he has gone out very fast. Normally a blistering finish. Itā€™s under WR pace.

Italian fella making a move

I reckon Wiffin got in his head

I recall Eamon Coghlan saying ā€œSheā€™ll destroy the fieldā€ about Sonia in the studio before that race in 1996.

And John Treacy sternly and worriedly glaring over at him. ā€œThis is an Olympic final, Eamonn.ā€

Treacy knew the score. Coghlan, despite running in two Olympic finals where he was expected to win and didnā€™t medal, didnā€™t know the score.

4 Likes

Wiffen closing the lead nicely

Making a move now

Lads who are swimming experts - on track the athletes can see screen and clock - can swimmers see a clock and what feedback do they have in terms of other swimmers and their own pace ? Can they see a lad a few lanes away fairly clearly