Paris Olympics 2024

That was their first individual mens gold and they had to throw the entire chemist at it.

Is he suggesting they all look the same ??

1 Like

Team USA under WR pace 4x100m women’s medley.

Miles ahead of the record

Another new WR.

Team USA women have come out here and walked all over the globe

That was a brilliant interview with Wiffen by O’Flynn. Hadn’t realized RTE had filled the full couch. They love to absolutely fuck up a Super Sunday when they get the chance

2 Likes

Is Paris rammed?

Apparently the Irish House - O’Sullivans bar is worth a visit. Open til 5:30am :eyes::eyes:

Also sounded like he’s no interest in the 10k race next week but maybe the hunger of losing will change him tomorrow

Comes across as a very likable guy. Thank fuck

And with that Katie Ledecky, Leon Marchand, Sarah Sjoestrom, Leonardo Paltrineri, Kaylee McKeown, Bobby Finke, Ariana Titmus, Kyle Chalmers, Mollie O’Callaghan, Siobhán Bernadette Haughey, Gretchen Walsh, Summer McIntosh and Mona McSharry depart our lives forever.

The greatest nine days of every four years. Your mind becomes a permanent Leisureland, for those nine days only.

I love looking back over the results of previous Olympic swimming meets. The names, the names. You forget them but you never forget them.

4 Likes

That foxy British fella doesn’t look like a 400 runner but he can move :clap::clap:

You can go anywhere in the world and there’s just something about being Irish. Mrs Mac and I watching some of the cycling on the way down to the Team Ireland House to watching the swimming. We stopped at a bar with a good view of the bikes and there’s a kid in an Armagh jersey sitting beside us. I asked the mother if Wiffen was an Armagh man or a Down man, and if they’d brought the celebrations to Paris. A few sentences later and it turns I’m talking to Kieran McGeeneys wife, who is the team physio and she’s there with her kids and the Armagh S&C coach. Geezer and one of the McKeevers are off at the golf.

Paris is rammed but it doesn’t matter where you go, you can’t replace being Irish

23 Likes

:white_check_mark:

1 Like

Is Sonia’s daughter out tonight?

A late surge from the US to top the swimming medal table with 8 golds to Australia 7. Australia were ahead 7 to 4 at the start of play yesterday.

In the last chance saloon Bobby Finke in the 14th of the 14 mens individual events won a first individual gold for the US men to avoid the ignominy of emulating the US men of 1900 who were the last to go winless in mens individual swimming events.

Tuesday

Finke displayed a Tipperary 1989 style focus of the mind in maintaining history.

He was. His sister had a bigger role

Men’s hammer final tonight. An event that always has a special resonance for Cork from the feats of Dr Pat O’Callaghan to the Cork City Sports in 1984.

I was sat on the wall behind the hammer ring that night in 84, the most extraordinary event

I was disgusted when some clown tried to implicate the two lads in doping years later, I was there, they were clean :+1:

3 Likes

9.81 for Seville to win the first semi final. Lyles in second.