Paris Olympics 2024

Warholm hasn’t been running close to that level for a while now. Winston Benjamin’s young fellow is favourite to win this. Benjamin edged him out in Monaco a few weeks ago.

The performance of Sedykh and Litvinov at the Cork City Sports has been referenced here. I’ve a vague memory of it. Was the world record broken by both of them that night?

The previous world record was beaten six times that night

1 Like

The greatest night in the history of hammer throwing.

https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/1820220239834947611?s=46

The repechage in athletics has been a great success.

4 Likes

Only 3 lads running in this race

Just the 3 runners in the first repechage heat in the men’s 400 metres. 4 no shows on the starting line.

Only 5 coming down for the next one

Saving themselves for relay the lads reckon

1 Like

Oh no. Poor Holly Bradshaw. She’s in tears after failing to qualify in the pole vault. That is the heartbreak of the Olympics.

No such problems for reigning champion Katie Nageotte Moon.

Can the horsey set advise if we’ve a medal chance in the show jumping today?

Aside from Harrington’s gold medal fight & Wiffen in the Seine, is it just Adeleke as a realistic week 2 medal hope? Or am I missing loads?

Edit: And Mageean with a sniff of a bronze?

Should Ireland be doing a lot better better with the equestrian and the horses in general? Ireland seemingly dominates national hunt racing on the world stage at the likes of Cheltenham ‘the Olympics of national hunt racing’ and flat racing on the world stage as well but seems to make very little impact with the horses at the Olympic Games proper.

2 Likes

Women’s 4x400m women. Might make a final

I reckon Mageean is going to struggle with the step up in standard that all the East Africans in the field will bring.

Adeleke a much better shout for a medal.

Yep, is Muir going in that race too? There’s some Aussie posting incredulous times lately too based on her previous form.

The one of the horsey lads might get in the mix today.

Let’s go Sophie.